cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sites showing 'Not Available in Your Country'

hannahj6
Fledgling

I've got broadband and phones with 3 and I'm now struggling to use UK location apps and websites. Apps like DAZN which you can only access in the UK say 'Not available in your country'. I have this issue with the WiFi and mobile data hotspot on my phone and need to be able to access the subscriptions I pay for.

8 REPLIES 8
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi,  your problem is our dear friend the content filter blocking you access as I can reach DAZN. Below is a reply I made to someone else:

Yes, it is a faff but there are some rules on access to naughty sites which all mobile companies have to observe. I think you may need to blame OFCOM.

For anyone who needs the bar lifting these are your options:

• If you have a credit card, you can use 3's automated options by calling 333, or via the Three App or My3 online
  • If you don’t have a credit card, then give 3's customer service team a call on 333 from a Three phone or 0333 338 1001 from any other phone
  • Lastly, you can also visit a Three store with valid photo ID and the team there will update your account settings. You can find your closest store using the online locator
Rob64
Active

To do via calling 333 I suppose you have to take the SIM out your router and put it in a phone first.
I can't find any screen in the app or page online once logged in my account, is this information still up to date?

sc1999
Local celebrity

0333 338 1001 from any phone. Open My3 and click on the icon top right and select adult filter settings. There is a link down the page "the adult filter toggle". Good luck.

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Rob, to make a change to the adult content filter for your Home Broadband account, you’ll need to get in touch or visit one of our stores with valid photo ID.

To call, you can dial 500 from a Three phone or 0333 338 1003 from another phone. You can also start a webchat using the options at the bottom of our Home Broadband support page.

Are you having a similar issue to that described in the original post, or are you just looking to adjust that adult content filter?

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @hannahj6, did making those changes to your adult content settings fix this issue?

If not, what happens when you try to access DAZN on your phone using your regular data connection (ie. with the hotspot and WiFi turned off)?

Is it just DAZN you’re having a problem with or are any other services impacted?

Let us know and we'll do all we can to get you connected. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

hannahj6
Fledgling

Hi Steph,

I've tried the above and no avail. It's not just DAZN but other apps as well. Any advice would be great!

hannahj6
Fledgling
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @hannahj6,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I've not been able to find any other reports of faults relating to location for using streaming apps advising the user they're connecting from outside the UK.

Just to clarify, is the issue with a single phone that you have, and you've had this same issue when connecting over Three mobile data, and through Wi-Fi on a Three Broadband router?

Have you made any changes such as to DNS settings, or are you making use of a VPN? These are the most common reasons for a site/app to think you're in a different country.

Sorry I'm not too familiar with DAZN, but does it let you stream content when signed in on a browser? It may be helpful to narrow down if this is specifically a problem with apps.

You mentioned other services are affected, can you let us know where else you're seeing these errors?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here