cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky glass and Sky Q issues - three 5g home broadband

p1d9m73
Active

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else was running a sky glass tv off their three 5g home broadband? I'm having a lot of problems viewing on demand programs but it's very random. I can stream something on more 4 but not on my5 and certain movies on the sky cinema channel won't load either. I've been told by sky that it's a security thing, I didn't quite understand it but basically when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends a request to the ip provider and sky are saying the tv must be getting the wrong answer so the program won't load🤷‍♂️ just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? It's only the last 2 months it's started happening, the 1st time it happened it lasted about a week and it's been about a week this time too. All live programs work fine.

146 REPLIES 146
webbz104
Fledgling

I am also having this issue. Using the ZTE router with 5g broadband, it worked fine for the first 6 months then within the last month I am now unable to download anything on Sky Q. The apps all work fine but the internet connection is unstable (keeps going from a tick to a cross on Sky Q). 

webbz104
Fledgling

Setting the DNS to 9.9.9.9 seems to have worked for me 

soulsbn
Fledgling

Hi - please could you add me to the group of people with issues 

Sky Q / Huawei H122-373 / Asus mesh network 

I have had the (apparentlycommon) internet connecting / disconnecting issue over the last 3 weeks. The Sky box eventually committed suicide. 

2 Sky engineers came today. Immediately replaced the sky Q with a brand new box, but problem persisted. 

I can tether to my (three) iPhone. But they tried everything to get a proper solution: ethernet to Asus mesh, wifi to Asus mesh, cable to 5G router, wifi to Three router (I had turned off the wifi on that before so as to only have one network, via the mesh) 

Eventually they said it was a Three problem and to look at forums. As a last spin of the wheel I suggested the 1.1.1.1 DNS fix. They scoffed at that idea, but agreed to do it as they were out of ideas. Were surprised when it seemed to work and I managed to download a few films, but has now stopped again after a couple of hours. 

Weirdly it is just downloads that fail: I can still access prime, paramount and Netflix through the sky box

soulsbn
Fledgling

ETA> the sky box currently gives a permanent tick against both "connection to broadband router" and "connection to the internet" (instead of the latter flicking between X and tick). But still won't download now 

soulsbn
Fledgling

@JonathanB.
Hi - is it possible please to add the words Sky Q to the thread title to make it easier for others with the same issue to google this thread, as it appears to be a sky/Three issue, other than Glass specific?

Skip_2022
Fledgling

Me too. I have a Three MC801A and Sky Q. I was getting the router tick internet cross issues. Sky engineer came out but couldn't fix it. He set the Sky Q box DNS settings to 1111 and 8888 but no joy. He left saying he would escalate the issue. I rang Sky 5 days later as I hadn't heard anything. The helpline man said try Sky DNS setting 9999. It seems to have worked for me.

soulsbn
Fledgling
  • Update.
    Just called support (call 500 then options  5/ 2/3. You will need to enter the SIM number of your router, your birthdate and the numbers from your postcode )
  • was immediately escalated to second line.
  • They have added my details to a list. It is apparent it is a known issue and they will revert to all on the list when a fix is established.
  • I said it have been happening for a couple of weeks and was asked if the magic date was 16 November. SO I guess something changed in firmware, or whatever on that date
  • Suggest anyone else with issues does the same - although at same time it seems @JonathanB  is also helpfully collating a list of people with issues
Sargentdel
Fledgling

@JonathanB Please could you add me to list. Setting the DNS to 9.9.9.9 Quad9 seems to have surpressed the issue for now. SkyQ over Three 5G Broadband and a Deco mesh. 

Sparkymatt
Fledgling

@JonathanB Could I please be added to this list of people with issues. I have Sky Q with a Thee 5G router. I was getting many failed downloads on catch up and movie/boxset downloads until I manually changed DNS settings to 8,8,8,8. This has mostly fixed the download issue, but for the last couple weeks I've been getting constant flickering between a tick and an X on connected to internet.

Thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for replying on this post to let us know you're experiencing these same issues connecting to Sky Glass or Q. We're still looking into what the root cause is, but I'll let you all know as soon as there's either a solution or more info we can share.

In the meantime, we've been sending a private message to everyone that posts on here, so that we can direct you to a team that is gathering examples and passing info to the relevant teams. If I've missed anyone, please reply on here and tag me @JonathanB.

To access your messages on the community, click on your avatar in the top right of any page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.