cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky glass and Sky Q issues - three 5g home broadband

p1d9m73
Active

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else was running a sky glass tv off their three 5g home broadband? I'm having a lot of problems viewing on demand programs but it's very random. I can stream something on more 4 but not on my5 and certain movies on the sky cinema channel won't load either. I've been told by sky that it's a security thing, I didn't quite understand it but basically when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends a request to the ip provider and sky are saying the tv must be getting the wrong answer so the program won't load🤷‍♂️ just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? It's only the last 2 months it's started happening, the 1st time it happened it lasted about a week and it's been about a week this time too. All live programs work fine.

144 REPLIES 144
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, p1d9m73.

Welcome to the Three Community. 

Gosh, that sounds annoying! I'm not sure why the TV would do that, and the explanation they have given isn't too clear on what might be causing it. 

Are you able to ask The Sky Glass team if there's any specific requirements that are needed in order to get those channels and services working? If we can get that info, we might be able to figure what's going on.

Pete.

p1d9m73
Active

Hi

They said its a security thing to stop people sharing the broadcasts, the only thing sky have said is when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends some sort of request to the sky servers and if they don't get the right answer or they get too many answers the program won't start. What he said made sense but was hard to explain.

The 1st time it happened I checked three problems in my area and it did say they were doing repairs in my area but this time it's saying no problems have been reported 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Thanks for the details. 

Do you use a VPN through the TV at all? 

Which model of 5G Hub do you have? 

Pete. 

p1d9m73
Active

Hi

No I don't use a vpn,  I have spoken to someone from three and they asked me to try the sim in my phone and use the phone as a hotspot, connect the sky glass and see if that works but it still didn't work, but if I use my sky data and my phone as a hotspot the channels work so it must be something to do with sky and three, i also have three 4g home broadband and that doesn't work either if I connect the sky glass to that.

I have the zte mc801a hub.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @p1d9m73,

This sounds super frustrating, we'll do our best to help. It sounds like the issue is known to Sky, can you perhaps get them to email you, or explain it on a webchat, so that we can see a screenshot, or so you can copy paste their explanation on here?

I'll see what I can find out on my end in the meantime, but if we can get a more detailed explanation from Sky this will help me figure out the best way to investigate this.

Thanks.
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

p1d9m73
Active

Hi

Thank you, I will try get in touch with them tomorrow and let you know what they say.

Sibs21
Fledgling

Having the same issue.

If I switch to hotspot using my phone (on Vodafone) it works perfectly. As soon as I switch back to the 3 5G network, it starts to fail. Slow to switch channels, unable to stream on demand content. Very annoying and seemingly an issue with 3, according to Sky. Seems to be true considering there’s no issue with other networks.

Thankfully only signed up for the 30 day contract 🙂

p1d9m73
Active

Hi. Any new news on our problem? Lots of people seem to be having the same issue now and it's only the three network that the problem happens on. Maybe someone from three could get together with someone from sky and work out what the problem is?

Dazzar
Established

Pete one thing I have found out is that a lot of people are complaining about an adult content filter being applied in October and having to connect a credit card to prove they are over 18 , I wonder if this has somehow affected the home routers ? I cannot find it on my router but it does not mean it is not there ???.