cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky glass and Sky Q issues - three 5g home broadband

p1d9m73
Active

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else was running a sky glass tv off their three 5g home broadband? I'm having a lot of problems viewing on demand programs but it's very random. I can stream something on more 4 but not on my5 and certain movies on the sky cinema channel won't load either. I've been told by sky that it's a security thing, I didn't quite understand it but basically when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends a request to the ip provider and sky are saying the tv must be getting the wrong answer so the program won't load🤷‍♂️ just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? It's only the last 2 months it's started happening, the 1st time it happened it lasted about a week and it's been about a week this time too. All live programs work fine.

146 REPLIES 146
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @brassic_lint,

Sorry for the delay in replying. We've not made any changes on the Zyxel recently that would account for this. Is it definitely only an issue with Sky streaming, or are you having any issues with other services or your speeds etc?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

brassic_lint
Fledgling

I’m a new user, so I don’t know if it was caused by any update; but everything works perfectly except Sky content. 

My general setup is having the router in bridge mode into my network, everything works if I flip back to my Sky DSL connection.

However I’ve also tried connecting the Sky box using direct WiFi to the Zyxel cutting out the rest of the network Using factory default on the Zyxel.

It’s 100% an issue with content over the Three network, I would guess it’s not the Zyxel either as I have the same result when routing features are disabled and it’s in bridge mode.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @brassic_lint,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. With the previous issue this thread was originally about, many users found that changing the DNS helped. I believe 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 tended to be successful, have you tried this change? Have you been in touch with Sky about the issue, if so have they been able to identify an issue?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

brassic_lint
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB 

I already use 1.1.1.1 as primary DNS & 8.8.8.8 as secondary (I have also tried many combinations, but this configuration does work with the Sky DSL too)

Sky state that the issue is with the ISP since it works through Sky DSL, and not through the Three 5G. In the meantime I have also tested with a (4g) connection from O2 which works.

Unfortunately the issue *must* lie either within the Zyxel router, or the Three network. I have eliminated all other options now.

saintalan
Fledgling

Hi all, this is my first contribution here, as I have been suffering withe THREE/SKY issue.

The issue for me was sudden and it happened 3/4 weeks ago when THREE were working on engineering over a long weekend.

Since then I have tried every solution I could fine but alas still no change. My personal view is that this is about SKy Q not working over the THREE network.

In general my Sky and Three work fine just not together. I had a Sky engineer visit klast week, was here for a few hours but was unable to fix it.

I am at the point where I need to do something likje change from THREE or try Sky Stream but do not know much about it.

Thanks to all contributors afore me.

Cheers

Alan

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Alan,

The timing of this may coincide with some issues that have popped up on this thread FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection although the thread was initially about VPN issues, there's some suggestions on there that seem to be helping with some smart device connections too.

It may be worth trying setting your APN mode to manual, with APN 3internet and IPv4 only, there's more info on the thread I linked. Let me know if that seems to help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

brassic_lint
Fledgling

@JonathanB This issue is still going on for lots of customers trying to use Sky services over their Three broadband - it's just not acceptable... Three support are just useless and ask you to reboot, remove "too many devices", and eventually blame the Sky equipment and give up. 

This is a service people are paying for and not able to use. There is something in Three's network that just blocks Sky content - I cannot work out what it is but Three should have their network team working on this.

If this cannot be fixed, I need to go down the route of cancelling my service as it's currently not fit for purpose

shbishop86
Fledgling

This issue is effecting me now, restarted router, reset router, reset sky box, updated sky box. 

But also now my Talk cameras won't connect but have no issues with phones, tablets or PC

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shbishop86,

We've seen a few device connectivity issues like this popping up recently. Can you let me know if the advice on changing to a manual APN on IPv4 as described in this thread helps: FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Daz86
Regular

Just adding to this, Had a new router delivered and its working fine with absolutely everything except our skyQ
It can "see" the wifi network on the network selection screen, but wont connect (two x's on sky network status) over wireless with password or using WPS.

And wont get an IP address when connected by ethernet cable.

Going to try the APN/DNS fixes when I get chance