cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky glass and Sky Q issues - three 5g home broadband

p1d9m73
Active

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else was running a sky glass tv off their three 5g home broadband? I'm having a lot of problems viewing on demand programs but it's very random. I can stream something on more 4 but not on my5 and certain movies on the sky cinema channel won't load either. I've been told by sky that it's a security thing, I didn't quite understand it but basically when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends a request to the ip provider and sky are saying the tv must be getting the wrong answer so the program won't load🤷‍♂️ just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? It's only the last 2 months it's started happening, the 1st time it happened it lasted about a week and it's been about a week this time too. All live programs work fine.

146 REPLIES 146
kevgals
Regular

@JonathanB 

Just out of interest, do you know what caused the problem?

Mr_Mac
Active

I have literally run into the problem again this evening (27/1/23) after it working ok using a 1.1.1.1 dns 

tried 8.8.8.8. no luck either 

Mr_Mac
Active

So, I resolved the above but not sure why it did resolve ..

Basically I use the Three Router / hub as the modem only -I then use an TP-LInk router which controls all my wifi and ethernet connections which connected into the Three hub, .

So I then connected the wifi of the Three Hub to the Sky Q box and its now working great.

This was not the cause of the original fault as i had previously tried this in the early days of the issue but to no avail.

Weird !

kevgals
Regular

I seem to have run in ti this same problem again. My contract is due up soon, because of this ongoing issue, I'm doubting as to wether I should renew.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kevgals,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into these issues again. As I recall you're using the ZTE MC801A, have you received the B15 firmware update in the last few weeks, and if so does that line up with when this issue came back?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

kevgals
Regular

Hi Jonathan, yes I have the B15 firmware. Not sure when it updated. Strangely the problem doesn't seem as bad this time. Some things download immediately, some take few tries and some not at all. I'm trying to establish a pattern, I'll let you know if I succeed.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kevgals,

Yeah I've seen a few instances of a different issue recently. In this case it's not limited to Sky, but seems to affect certain smart devices and streaming services since that B15 update.

I've sent you another private message, if you can chat with the team linked there, they'll get this raised with a tech team that ought to be able to fix this.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

webbz104
Fledgling

Hi, I'm also having issues again with sky. It either downloads on demand content extremely slow or gets stuck and stops downloading.

Any help would be much appreciated 👍

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @webbz104,

Sorry for the delay in picking this up. I recall you've got the ZTE also, is this on the B15 software too, and did the issue seem to come back coinciding with that last update?

JonathanB

brassic_lint
Fledgling

Also having same issue with Sky content - I'm using the Xyxel NR5103E router