cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three 5G Home Broadband: No 5G and slow speeds for more than a month

JG1
Regular

Hello, a month ago there was an issue in my area due to works in a mast and for more than a week we were left with really low speeds to the point of making impossible to work from home at some times.

Since then, according to Three Network Status Checker, there are no issues in the area but since these works were carried out we have never had 5G again and the download speeds are usually between 20-50Mbps sometimes 100 if you are lucky.

I have tried calling (but they couldn't help with the issue), the chat (with the same result), a formal complaint... and all I got is an email saying the query is closed. How on Earth is this possible? I am just looking for a solution! It looks suspisously like the mast is now oversuscribed but if this is the case Three should be doing something to sort this out immediately. Instead of this, they just say everything is OK or tell me on the phone to wait a couple of days more. No updates, no further information, nothing, just discouraging you to ask further.

This is not the way customers should be treated, I have never experienced anything like this. It feels like hiting a wall and it is really stressing me as you never know if you will have reliable signal the next day.

If you cannot offer 5G Home Broadband anymore in my area at least say it. I am sure there are more people there with the same issue. What solution can Three offer?

2 REPLIES 2
bigjim
Regular

I have a very similar problem - approx 1 month ago due to "some work at the mast" we had a day with no connection at all. It eventually came back in the evening. Since then, through the day I'm getting download speeds of 100-130 but literally as soon as it hits 5pm speeds drop to ~8mbps.

I've restarted, changed location, factory reset... everything. They have clearly changed something. Live chat don't understand. Going to try phone support next but not holding my breath.

JG1
Regular

I have also done all of the above but still no 5G, no solution from Three... nothing. 

Has anyone on the phone support been able to give you a solution?