cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three 5g broadband random request connection issues - parental controls????

rickyg1999
Regular

I have had the NR5103E router installed for a couple of months now with no real issues. However in the past week I am having real trouble with random internet requests not working on iphone, ipad and on MacOS which are my main devices.

I am not alone with this, when friends and family visit and connect to wifi they have experienced the same problems.

Such an example is with the National Lottery app. At random times I will get a "Sorry, our app is unable to load for you. It could be that a parental block is set with your internet service provider"

Another example is with the Microsoft Authenticator - when I try to authorise a request it will get knocked back with "Your connection was lost. Check your network connectivity and try again"

When connecting to Santander online backing with the app or browser I get page load failures but on refreshing pages things load correctly.

To say this is infuriating is an understatement. I asked Three to remove any adult content filters some time ago. Has anything extra been activated recently to cause these issues??

Router is NR5103E and connection speed appears fine.

18 REPLIES 18
sc1999
Local celebrity

I found that the control had been turned on when I re-registered on the new app. It is just a toggle which can changed by the user.

rickyg1999
Regular

Thanks for your reply but could you elaborate more please? I am not sure where this toggle is located?

sc1999
Local celebrity

I only know the Android pay monthly app. On that app, once logged in, click on the 3 dots and select manage services, click on plan settings and the adult content filter toggle is on that page.

rickyg1999
Regular

I've managed to find the setting on the website following these instructions:

https://www.three.co.uk/support/internet-and-apps/accessing-and-blocking-adult-content#:~:text=Head%....

but it is already set to allow adult content.

Running a test, viewing adult content is not an issue. I don't think this is the setting affecting my connection - it does seem something else is at fault with the router or the broadband service.

rickyg1999
Regular

I have found the parental controls on the router - they are disabled

I have tried a full reset of the router this evening - the fault still remains.

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Do you get these issues when the iPhone is using mobile data rather than Wi-Fi?

Does the lottery site work ok via a browser rather than through the app when connected via Wi-Fi?

rickyg1999
Regular

No problems on any device if connected to another wifi access point , for example at another family members house.

This includes iPhone which also works fine when running on cellular / 4g. My phone contract is with another provider, not 3. Only the broadband router uses 3 internet.

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Do you know if the router firmware has updated recently from version B12 to B14?

Is the router obtaining IPv6 address info from Three?

rickyg1999
Regular

Current firmware on the router is V1.00(ACBJ.0)b14 - I don't know when this version was applied.

The WAN Interface only has an IPv4 address allocated. It does not have an IPv6 address applied.