cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Home Broadband: Zyxel NR5103E drops connection and WILL NOT RECONNECT AUTOMATICALLY

Involved

Extremely frustrating - every time it rains, the router drops connection and DOES NOT RECONNECT automatically. It has to be rebooted manually, which you can only do from home.

If you're away from home and rely on your home broadband to monitor your home and your pets, you're screwed. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Best solution
Best solution
devaraja
Active

hi @JonathanB , i dont thing the change was done on the router, because:

1. i check the APN and the wan setting before and after the talk with the support team and there was no change.
  2. i did manually change it to ipv4 explusively, then to ipv4+ipv6 and the speed was the same
  3. i did a factory reset on the modem just in case, and did all the manual change below including the apn address and ap IP version and still the speed was the same.

Only afthe the second chat with the level 2 support. i managed to regain the speed.

View solution in conversation

92 REPLIES 92
devaraja
Active

The quick answered would be to ask them to re enable ipv6. if you want to use the same words, they told me then you can ask them to re enable "hexadecimal address".

I hope this helps.

Involved

Thank you SO MUCH! That finally worked and my speeds are back to normal - from 100meg to 500+meg now. I really appreciate your help. 🙏

shadwuk
Regular

Hi, I've just joined to community to add my own comments.  I've been using the Zyxel router since it was released (About 6  months ago) and I am getting regular disconnections at least 2 to 3 times a week using IP passthrough mode.  All wifi is disabled and I simply use the router connected via a single ethernet cable to my other router.  When it freezes, it still shows it has an active connection but the connection is gone, no data throughput.  The ONLY choice at this point is to power off/on again at which point everything is restored.  Its very frustrating.

Involved

Thanks for confirming you're encountering the same issue. Extremely frustrating. You'd think Three would treat this as a matter of urgency, but no.

bulldog555
Involved

Sadly no. Three are useless and don't care. The router - sadly u have to reboot yourself to get it connected again.

This is why I going to stick with 4G (vodafone) as it seem more stable than three 5G. I am getting 144Meg down and 68Meg up all day without issues.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/a/9245066271

Involved

@JonathanB Can we please get an update? This is not an isolated incident. Not only did your 2nd line tech team not fix the issue, but they also decimated my broadband download speed.

4l3x5pr1n63r
Fledgling

I am having exactly the same issue. Drops out 1-2 times a day with all lights on the router still showing good signal and 5g connection but 'no internet'. Have not found any environmental issues/pattern as to why it drops. Makes working from home very frustrating.

Involved

Can we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get a fix, @JonathanB?

bulldog555
Involved

@456as you might aware that @JonathanB can't fix it as it not up to him. It's all down to three engineer team but I never believe they been out to check the mast and improvement. Cos they never did improve my area been saying the same things for three to four months with no improved 5G of promise! I give up and went to Vodafone 4G instead.

Vodafone 4G.png

Involved

Hi. I'm not asking @JonathanB to fix it. However, he's the only community moderator around and it's impossible getting any real help from Three's regular customer service.

This is not really about signal issues, but the router not reconnecting after a dropped connection.