cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Home Broadband: Zyxel NR5103E drops connection and WILL NOT RECONNECT AUTOMATICALLY

Involved

Extremely frustrating - every time it rains, the router drops connection and DOES NOT RECONNECT automatically. It has to be rebooted manually, which you can only do from home.

If you're away from home and rely on your home broadband to monitor your home and your pets, you're screwed. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Best solution
Best solution
devaraja
Active

hi @JonathanB , i dont thing the change was done on the router, because:

1. i check the APN and the wan setting before and after the talk with the support team and there was no change.
  2. i did manually change it to ipv4 explusively, then to ipv4+ipv6 and the speed was the same
  3. i did a factory reset on the modem just in case, and did all the manual change below including the apn address and ap IP version and still the speed was the same.

Only afthe the second chat with the level 2 support. i managed to regain the speed.

View solution in conversation

92 REPLIES 92
Involved

Can SOMEONE from Three help with these ongoing issues? @JonathanB 

bulldog555
Involved

I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. Move on to other network who will be better coverage than crappy Three.

Involved

TBH, it's not about the coverage, but about their unbelievably bad customer service,

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @456 

Really sorry to hear that you're still facing problems. I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help get this escalated.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

Involved

Hi there,

Thanks for that. However, I am getting so much anxiety from having had to deal with this for 8 months now. I have spent about a HUNDRED hours on this, which includes contacting your numerous teams, replacing two devices, reconnecting all my equipment, researching information online and posting on your forums. I need someone to take charge of the issue and sort this out. Your team can see from these forums that this is not an isolated issue. Thus, they should issue a fix and let us know what that is. Alternatively, I should be connected to someone via email who knows the issue and where I do not have to repeat myself every single time. It really should not be this hard getting internet to work.

While I appreciate your PM, that's just a link to your social media team chat, which I have already used numerous times before.

devaraja
Active

@JohnD @JonathanB could you please investigate why the speed different when using ipv4 vs ipv6 on the 3internet APN.

Also, i notice that if i switch to three.co.uk using only ipv4 I'm able to get the full speed (with the down side of been behing a CG-NAT) and it also have better latency.

Looks like there are several issue on three core network

Involved

Agreed. I'm tired of us customers being brushed off and made to contact your tech support, who do not seem to have any idea about what's going on. SOMEONE needs to take charge and investigate this.

Neil
Active

Still having the same issue - makes working from home super frustrating.

The router says it has good signal, but obviously with weather etc it will change bands now and again - but that's enough to kill everything until I reboot.

This is ok (actually it isn't, especially in the middle of a work meeting) - but when you are away for a week and now your security system is offline, then it's even more frustrating...

Waggers
Regular

I'm having the same problem.  Can't manually reboot as I'm away from home.  

I might try adding a manual timer switch so it automatically reboots the router once a day. 

Involved

This is really not OK. Three have known about this issue for over a YEAR now, and it still has not been fixed. @JonathanB @JohnD