cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to confirm cancellation of 5G home broadband router

Regular

My partner and I have been trying to cancel our 5G mobile broadband contract since April 2023... We finally managed to return the device in June and were told it was fine to cancel the direct debit and ignore any further communications about overdue sums. 

However... The monthly statements have continued to come through and we have now been told this is in the hundreds of pounds overdue - with a negative effect on my partner's credit rating as well. Every time we call or chat we get told conflicting things; "You have nothing to worry about, it has been cancelled", through to "I can see on your account that you never returned the device". 

This is causing us huge amounts of stress and could even affect our chances of getting finance for bigger, more important things in our lives. Please, please, please can we have an end to this. 

2 REPLIES 2
Officina-red
Involved

If you haven’t already you need to raise a complaint, I would use the online complaint form first, https://www.three.co.uk/support/complaints/how-to-complain keep copies of everything, screenshots and keep a record of the phone calls you have made, if it’s still not sorted, I would write a old fashioned letter of complaint, again keep a copy, if still no joy, citizens advice are helpful, plus if you have legal cover on any insurance you have, sometimes house/car and credit cards offer it, you need to phone them, because once you know the correct things to say to Three (by email/letter is best) it’s surprising how fast things can get done. 

paulina6786
Active

@3112 wrote:

My partner and I have been trying to cancel our 5G mobile broadband contract since April 2023... We finally managed to return the device in June and were told it was fine to cancel the direct debit and ignore any further communications about overdue sums. 

However... The monthly statements have continued to come through and we have now been told this is in the hundreds of pounds overdue - with a negative effect on my partner's credit rating as well. Every time we call or chat we get told conflicting things; "You have nothing to worry about, it has been cancelled", through to "I can see on your account that you never returned the device". 

This is causing us huge amounts of stress and could even affect our chances of getting finance for bigger, more important things in our lives. Please, please, please can we have an end to this. 

Similar issue here - if I find a solution, I will make sure to share it!