Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did Three start capping my 5G broadband speed?

autopilot
Fledgling

Is there any reason why a few months ago Three started to limit my speed to 120mbps? We use it as our main internet and are relatively heavy users (for a family anyway, sometimes up to 3tb per month). Used to get over 300mbps. I have tested day and night, for weeks, and 120 is the max. 

Confirmed it’s out account, as I have tried other 3 SIM’s and same APN, multiple routers (with cell and band locking). When I used a different thee SIM I get the full speed again.  

Is is because of heavy use, or some other reason? Anyway to get this limit removed?

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @autopilot,

You shouldn't be running into limited speeds on Three Broadband, but we did recently identify some users were experiencing a 120mbps limit. In all other cases I'm aware of, a fix was rolled out a couple of weeks ago, and rebooting the router should have resolved this.

In case this is persisting, I've sent you a PM to ask for a bit more info.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!