cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do they make it so hard to cancel!

Lampymic
Fledgling

We’ve experienced poor 5G speeds since taking out the contract 12 months ago. I have 12 months remaining, recently our upload speed has dropped to 2-4Mbps and when trying to upload really drops the download speed to the point where it’s unusable. It’s not what I was promised or expected but had to live with it as no other choice. After speaking with the “technical” team who managed to achieve even slower speeds I was told I could cancel without penalty. I said I would take them up on the offer but needed to sort something else out for internet access. 
I contacted three again to request cancellation, and was told it had all been sorted and I would receive an email with a return label. No email arrived. 
I’ve been in touch again this morning and still no email. I’ve been told I have 5 days to return the router or they will charge the full early termination fee. How can I return it if I can’t get a return label. 

If anyone has any idea on how to actually get them to sort it out I’d be very grateful. 

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Lampymic,

Of course, happy to help. I've directed you to an escalated support team by PM.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

7 REPLIES 7
Geluk
Key player

Use CHAT, or direct message them via Social Media.

Lampymic
Fledgling

I’ve been through the Chat twice, they promise to send an email within 24hours. The email just doesn’t arrive. With the amount of other people posting the same, there is clearly a big problem with Three’s way of doing things. 

Lampymic
Fledgling

@JonathanB  

I’ve seen you’ve been able to help on other threads. Are you able to help me please? 

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Lampymic,

Of course, happy to help. I've directed you to an escalated support team by PM.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

mgc
Fledgling

It's really a shame, I would like to cancel a contract for which I've lost the sim card. From Customer service they say I have to go to the store, from store to call customer service.

This company is a joke

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mgc,

I think the team were intending that you pop into a Three store with photo ID, as that would be a solution to get a replacement SIM. Once you have a replacement SIM, you'd be able receive the OTP text to pass security over the phone or via chat.

Let me know if that's not possible or practical for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Nimrasultan1
Fledgling

I cancelled three times and recieved three final bills when will it be cancelled