cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE router - constant drop outs

Blaineyboy88
Regular

I upgraded to a better deal a few weeks ago and received the ZTE 5G Router.  I noticed within the first day and each thereafter the internet would just drop out completely for about 5-10 minutes. 

It would fix itself but it’s a constant pain when gaming or working from home.

I switched back to my Hauwei router I had previously and never missed a beat.  Now we’re at the end of the billing cycle the old router has been cut off and won’t carry an internet signal, so I’ve had to go back to the ZTE. 

In terms of troubleshooting, I’m on the latest b15 update

I’ve changed the APK (as mentioned in other threads) 

I’ve update the DNS (as mentioned in other threads) 

Yet this still keeps happening. Is there a way the Hauwei can be reconnected and I can send the ZTE back.  Reading about the countless other threads on signal loss, it’s a router issue and poor hardware that they’re moving customers too.  Ironically, my phone (which is also in 3) is always connected to 5G with no issues.

thanks  

8 REPLIES 8
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, Have tried using the new sim with the ZTE in the Huawei router?

Blaineyboy88
Regular

Yep, I actually did that after a week. Used the new Sim in the Hauwei and there were no issues at all.  I think 3 have now made the Hauwei obsolete following my last bill, but would prefer them to reinstate it so I can continue using and send the ZTE back.

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

If Three discontinue providing the router, it shouldn't stop you from continuing to use it with the new sim. The Huawei router stopped working is probably down to the old sim being invalid and replaced with the new sim on your account.

Naturally, it would be better to use the latest routers. In the meantime, you could try and get a replacement ZTE router as this one seems to have a hardware issue.

Blaineyboy88
Regular

It went down with the new sim in it, I kept the new sim on the Huawei as there was no drop. I’ll contact three to see what can be done, but feeling really underwhelmed 

Blaineyboy88
Regular

After spending 30 minutes with the support team, they suggested the mast was the issue however my phone on the same network connects fine. They’re sending a new router out for it to be swapped over. I’ll hold my breath to see if it works or not 

stevekn
Involved

same here, said it was the mast.

ZTE modem re-connects to internet straight away after a restart ( download ZTE app )

Known problem with modem, search for forum threads.

ZTE support say get Three to fix !!!!!!

stevekn
Involved

The Mast is *always* the problem. they must have that written in big letters on the wall !

stevekn
Involved

still dropping the internet several times a day. Status now says congestion at mast. seems their mast work didn't work !