cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel NR5103 5G connection drops

Steveculligan
Regular

I have a zyxel nr5103e router. I have had the 5G broadband contract since jan 23 and there hasn’t been a week where the connection hasn’t been dropped on numerous occasion. Each call to customer support said there was network issues in your area which I am now not convinced that this is my problem because when it drops I am able the use my Three mobile phone hotspot to try and continue with things like Skype or Teams while the router is rebooted. When rebooting the router via a power cycle or using the app once the router restarts the connection is resumed. When rebooting through the app I notice there is a message saying Sim not recognised sometimes but on reboot it’s OK. I have taken the device to a Three shop to ensure the Sim inserted properly and is in OK and do some basic checks like firmware and configuration such as APN but no faults have been found in the short period it was booted up in the shop. I have done a factory reset an number of time which is inconvenient as I then need to set passwords and configuration of all my Smart devices. I believe there is a problem with the router and wonder how this can be resolved as without the reliability it is coming unusable as a connection to do work from home.

10 REPLIES 10
Avondale
Rising star

The "ISP Review" forums have information on the defective batch of NR5103e units. 

You need to ask Three to exchange it. 

Steveculligan
Regular

Thanks will keep logging calls with them

Steveculligan
Regular

Do you have a link to the forum

Avondale
Rising star

Yes Steve, I do, but we cannot publish external links on this forum.

Google "ISP Review" and then click on "View Public Forum" on the right-hand side of the ISP Review homepage. 

Please keep us informed of developments.  

feersum_endjinn
Regular

I hope this is purely due to a defective batch rather than what's happening with the ZTE routers! 😭

See here: https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/5G-Broadband-dropouts/td-p/6687

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Steveculligan 

That's really frustrating! We appreciate how much of a pain this is. In case this still isn't resolved I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

Avondale
Rising star

It would be appreciated if an outcome could be posted here please. I have been considering getting Three 5G Broadband with a Zyxel N5103e but have not done so due to concerns about the service's reliability and Three's ability to resolve them. If this is sorted out without any ado, it will certainly make me take the plunge. 

LDN
Active

We had the same issue, after a 6-month battle with the totally life-draining support we got the ZTE router... same deal, I think the issue is Three's cack network and the online support guy just said, "if you're not happy, then just leave" ....mind blown

Dazzar
Established

I have had the same issue but I do not believe it is down to the router, I have a Zyxel and it dropped out constantly, Zte did the same, got a new sim and it did the same, I put it in a unlocked cpe pro 2 and it does the same, put my phone sim from Vodafone e in and no problem…….