cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Home Broadband: Zyxel NR5103E drops connection and WILL NOT RECONNECT AUTOMATICALLY

Involved

Extremely frustrating - every time it rains, the router drops connection and DOES NOT RECONNECT automatically. It has to be rebooted manually, which you can only do from home.

If you're away from home and rely on your home broadband to monitor your home and your pets, you're screwed. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Best solution
Best solution
devaraja
Active

hi @JonathanB , i dont thing the change was done on the router, because:

1. i check the APN and the wan setting before and after the talk with the support team and there was no change.
  2. i did manually change it to ipv4 explusively, then to ipv4+ipv6 and the speed was the same
  3. i did a factory reset on the modem just in case, and did all the manual change below including the apn address and ap IP version and still the speed was the same.

Only afthe the second chat with the level 2 support. i managed to regain the speed.

View solution in conversation

90 REPLIES 90
Involved

This has NOT been resolved. Can we please get an update on this? Thanks!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @456,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding, I had a number of messages build up over the bank holiday weekend.

I have passed on the information to testing teams, but I'm still awaiting feedback from them. I appreciate this is causing you a lot of disruption on a regular basis. Hopefully the team I fed this onto can establish some sort of fix for the disconnection issue, but if it is down to something in the firmware, this can take some time to find the root cause and resolve.

I'll reply on your private message now, so that you can be put in touch with a complaint handling team that has access to your Broadband account, and they can also raise this with a Technical team that can look into your coverage and if there's any issues with local masts that may be contributing to this.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Involved

I'm really frustrated at this point. The issue has not been resolved and whatever your 2nd line team did, made our broadband 5 times SLOWER. Yes, 5 times. We used to get 500-600 megs, now we get 120. 

Involved

Hi there,

Can someone update us on this, please? 🙏

devaraja
Active

Hi, I'm also having the same issue including the drop in connection speed after talking with a level 2 agent that told me that he has "refreshed the settings".

Because of this i have a second try and asked the new level 2 support to revert any changes the previous guy did. After confirm to me that he has roll it back, i did a test and at least i got back my 600+ connection speed.

I asked him what he has done because I was clearly able to see that there was cap/shaping on my connection, and his replay was "I have done only set the router on hexadecimal address and that is for the 128 bit that is the reason you are getting best speed now." (a fancy way to say i enable IPV6)

I challenge that because before talking to him today i did a factory reset on the modem and the speed were still the same. Also, i has never received IPV6 on my router even if i force it to do so now. So, the configuration he did was not in the router but at the system level.

hope this give you an idea may be talk to a level 2 support again and ask them to re enable it (if it is the same for you) and see if that also fix it for you.

Involved

Hi there! Thanks so much for letting me know about this. So, what was it that was changed, in the end? Do we know?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @456,

I can only read between the lines here, but it sounds like the 2nd line team set both your and @devaraja's APN profile for 3internet on our system to an IPv4 only version, and it's had an unintended consequence on speeds.

I suspect you could confirm this by setting a manual APN and entering three.co.uk instead of 3internet. If the speeds go back to normal, then that proves there won't be an issue with the network or the router causing this.

three.co.uk is primarily intended for phones though, so it may not work with all your devices. Once you've performed that test, it'd be best to switch back to 3internet, and as @devaraja suggested speak to the team and ask to be put back onto the IPv4 + IPv6 APN profile.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Involved

Thanks for that. However, I really can't spend another hour and a half on the phone with 1st line, then 2nd line, like the last time. Can't someone sort this out for me via email/chat/remotely? I have now spent COUNTLESS hours on the phone, on the chat, on social media and on these forums, for something that should JUST WORK. 😢 I feel frustrated and defeated. 

Best solution
devaraja
Active

hi @JonathanB , i dont thing the change was done on the router, because:

1. i check the APN and the wan setting before and after the talk with the support team and there was no change.
  2. i did manually change it to ipv4 explusively, then to ipv4+ipv6 and the speed was the same
  3. i did a factory reset on the modem just in case, and did all the manual change below including the apn address and ap IP version and still the speed was the same.

Only afthe the second chat with the level 2 support. i managed to regain the speed.

devaraja
Active

The quick answered would be to ask them to re enable ipv6. if you want to use the same words, they told me then you can ask them to re enable "hexadecimal address".

I hope this helps.