cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan won’t activate

Ste82
Fledgling

Hi can anyone help I’ve added a data plan for my Apple Watch but it isn’t working I try to set it up via the watch app all I get is a message saying there’s a problem three customer services have said it’s activated there end 

6 REPLIES 6
Pred
Regular

Same - I suggest we all email 3 CEO and Tim Cook. Put simply it does NOT WORK

MZone
Key player

I activated mine recently with no issues but I know some people have had teething problems. Have a look at this thread here which specifically discusses Apple Watch pairing 

Gary
Involved

How did you do it as no one else. Can mate 

Gary
Involved

It’s a lie as no one can set It up not even three can either as numerous techs haze tried but they all say the same thing mate sorry

MZone
Key player

This is the advice I was given so I followed it and had no issues. Followed the steps using mobile data with Wi-Fi switched off. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe it was because I tried recently and by that time they had ironed out the issues previous people were having.  
I do not work for 3 so why would I lie.

If you've changed your Three plan either by upgrading contract, or changing your allowances, you'd be best to wait until the day after your allowances reset. If not, then you should be good to go ahead and pair, I'll give you a run down of the best actions to take first though.

1. Log in to My3, make sure that you can access your online account. Register for My3 if you haven't already done so in the past.
  2. Make sure that your My3 password doesn't begin with a special character. You can use these anywhere else in the password but \<."$ etc at the start may cause one of the errors, so best to use upper/lower case, or a number as the first character.
  3. Check your software is up to date. iOS 16.1.2 onwards should work, but best to make sure you're fully up to date before pairing.
  4. Clear your cache, go to settings, Safari, "clear history & website data"
  5. Initially try pairing over mobile data, if this fails you can use Wi-Fi but it's best if the initial request comes from your SIM over the Three network. 
Lukeapricey
Active

Any advice given by three on this forum to re activate/re pair a cellular Apple Watch is total BS and a fob-off.  The fact is, their systems can’t do it.  All it can do is set up a new smartwatch plan on the Apple Watch app if this is your first ever cellular watch.  If you have bought a new/upgrade watch and you are looking to transfer the cellular you can forget it.  I had a data plan/pairing on my series 3 for a year with no issues - until I upgraded to a new Apple Watch Ultra.  When I unpaired my old watch from my iCloud account and paired the new one the data plan wouldn’t transfer and I kept getting an error message saying “there’s a problem”.  NOBODY in technical support has a clue how to fix it or what to do, I was hung up on, lied to, kept on hold.. in the end I’ve just had to cancel the smartwatch pairing add on and then you have to wait a month for it to delete from your account before you can attempt to re-add a cellular plan.  Who knows if it’ll work?   If anyone has any idea how to fix it please let me know,  meanwhile I’m not able to use a cellular plan yet I’m still paying for one.