cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos One devices and Samsung TV stopped connecting since router upgrade to Version V1.00(ACBJ.0)b14

michael66
Fledgling

I came back from a few days away last weekend to find all my Sonos One devices and my Samsung TV have ceased to connect to my Three router. 

I *think* it’s to do with the router firmware updating to Version V1.00(ACBJ.0)b14. 

I have tried absolutely everything, including multiple hard resets of the Sonos devices and whitelisting the Sonos MAC address in my router settings. Nothing works. 

Anyone got any advice?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @michael66,

Enabling UPNP in the router admin may help here if you haven't already. It also sounds similar to some of the issues reported in this thread: FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection 

Although it was initially reported as a VPN issue, we've found that the steps listed there to set a manual APN for IPv4 only has helped with quite a few device connectivity issues too.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

michael66
Fledgling

Thanks @JonathanB, much appreciated. Sorry to be dim, but where can I find the UPNP setting in the router config? I’ve struggled to find it. 

Secondly, Sonos has now come back to me saying that LTE routers are not compatible with Sonos One devices, unhelpfully hidden on a subpage of their site (https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-system-requirements?language=en_US), despite the fact that all three devices were easy to set up originally and worked absolutely perfectly for over a year:

Unsupported network setups and devices

• Wireless internet connections such as satellite, mobile hotspots, or LTE routers

thanks again

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @michael66,

I had a check in the help info for the Zyxel NR5103E and it should be under Network Setting > Home Networking > uPnP and it should just be a little toggle switch to enable the setting.

The other thread I linked to has a detailed walkthrough on the APN fix from user @NG, just in case it's not uPnP that's relevant.

Disappointing to hear that Sonos won't investigate issues on cellular broadband. I've seen a fair number of users mention using their devices.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.