cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

Causeway
Fledgling

On Friday 27/09 I requested a transfer for my number onto the new sim to replace the one Three had given me with the sim they sent . It has been largely successful in that the old number three give was deactivated and the new one has transferred. But I received a text from Three saying to change the number in settings but when I go to change it and save it the number Three give me still won’t change . But it has changed elsewhere 

Best solution
Best solution
KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Causeway,

Welcome to the Three Community.

Ah, that's a pain. It's likely an iPhone settings issue. Could you try switching iMessage off then back on and changing the number in the settings, please?

If this doesn't work, I'd recommend resetting your network settings as this has resolved this particular issue previously. You can do this by going to Settings - General - Transfer or Reset iPhone - Reset - Reset Network Settings.

Let me know how you get on!

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Best solution
KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Causeway,

Welcome to the Three Community.

Ah, that's a pain. It's likely an iPhone settings issue. Could you try switching iMessage off then back on and changing the number in the settings, please?

If this doesn't work, I'd recommend resetting your network settings as this has resolved this particular issue previously. You can do this by going to Settings - General - Transfer or Reset iPhone - Reset - Reset Network Settings.

Let me know how you get on!

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Causeway
Fledgling

Thank you so much I used the reset network settings and it worked perfectly