cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3g shut down emasculating 4g phone's calling abilities

Geluk
Key player

In Oct 22 bought a NOKIA 4g phone for my wife to prepare for 3g shut down.

Today I find it can only do texts, not calls.

3 CHAT advise VOLTE must be enabled; phone was sold by AMAZON as VOLTE

enabled. It clearly isn't as there's no VOLTE options in settings.

My 4 year old MOTO smartphone hasn't got VOLTE capability but works ok.

Strangely recently saw YOUTUBE VIDEO on how 3g switch off in Australia is causing grief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPlTz-3estM&pp=ygUnM2cgc2h1dCBkb3duIGluIGF1c3RyYWxpYSBjYXVzaW5nIGdya... 

5 REPLIES 5
linewait
Active

I have the same problem using a Sony Xperia 1ii.

It is VOLTE compatible but it seems it needs to be enabled for the specific device by Three.

It does not seem t be enabled for my device type, and Three chat support couldn't help me.

I think my only option may be to move to a different network. From what I can find out, 02 may work.

Geluk
Key player

Placed the sim in my Moto Smart phone, and it shows this; in that device, texts not working either; have ordered replacement sim. Hope that fixes. Screenshot of sim in my other device.SIM in another phone.SIM in another phone.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Geluk,

Most dual SIM phones only support 2/3G in slot 2/SD card slot. Can you let me know if the SIM starts picking up service in slot 1 and when selected as the primary SIM in settings?

There's some more troubleshooting that may help here: How to ensure your phone is ready for the 3G switch off 

Which model of Motorola is this?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Geluk
Key player

Model is G6 PLAY Jonathan.

Geluk
Key player

Changed to SIM2 slot; no change👎