cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G signal

kingofdata
Regular

I keep reading posts about 5G signal issues and the lack of coverage now this may sound a bit complicated but as I understand it a 5G signal is much less able to penetrate through things like walls windows ECT in the same way that a 3G/4G signal can do when I got my home hub modem it said it I wanted the best signal I must put it near a window

I also have my phone with three such is 3G/4G for the most part my phone picks up 4G but every so often it picks up 3G

(tip) if you have bad 3 signal at home if your phone has Wi-Fi calling switch it on and your phone will work through the modem you won,t pay any extra for using Wi-Fi calling but it will improve call quality

2 REPLIES 2
SarahC
Employee
Employee

Hey @kingofdata 😀 We're continuously working on rolling out 5G so things will only improve too.

Loving this post! And a really great tip about Wi-Fi calling 👏

SarahC

PD
Fledgling

I have a new 5G mast less than 400 Metres from my house. I walked past it and it was transmitting on 5G, as I was about 200 metres away the road bends to the right and I lost the 5G signal. Also I can’t get 5G in my house with only a row of houses in the way? Has 5G got such a poor coverage or is the mast on low power mode at the moment.?