cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adv SIM only plan - Go ROAM included or £2 a day in EU

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Hi,

With an Adv SIM only - is Go Roam included ? Or only with £2 EU charge?

(As looking at price guide suggestes Go Roam is included free ?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Clever-Trevor,

With Go Roam and advanced plans the answer relates to when you took out the plan or last upgraded. If you check the price guide relevant to when you joined or last upgraded this should confirm if there's a Go Roam daily charge.

The short answer is if the plan was taken out or renewed on or after the 1st October 2021 then you'd have daily charges. The price guide labelled as "Advanced plans ( pdf 398kB)" applies to customers who joined before, and haven't upgraded since, October 2021.

Hope this helps clear things up.
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

6 REPLIES 6
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Clever-Trevor,

With Go Roam and advanced plans the answer relates to when you took out the plan or last upgraded. If you check the price guide relevant to when you joined or last upgraded this should confirm if there's a Go Roam daily charge.

The short answer is if the plan was taken out or renewed on or after the 1st October 2021 then you'd have daily charges. The price guide labelled as "Advanced plans ( pdf 398kB)" applies to customers who joined before, and haven't upgraded since, October 2021.

Hope this helps clear things up.
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Hi - thank you.

I now understand 

And is I had thought - but my reason for the question is I just re-registered with My3 app ( the new refreshed app ) - and when I check my allowances, it says Go Roam & my allowances ( which cannot be correct, as I updated my SIM only in November 2022 - and the ‘written contract’ letter, states also EU & WW roam charges at £2 & £5 per day etc 

However, the My3 App says I have both EU & WW allowances in my plan ! Bizarre…..

So, I guess it will be fixed & the error will be fixed…

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Clever-Trevor,

Thanks for flagging this up.

The way we're describing Go Roam on the current plans is that you "unlock" your Go Roam allowances when the daily charge is triggered. My understanding is that the billing system always has these allowances sitting in the background to make sure you aren't given incorrect charges, to track the fair usage policies, and it also plays a part in organising the bill info.

If you think the new layout seems to be misleading or unclear, or if I've misunderstood and it's explicitly stating incorrect info, I'd like to get this looked at a bit more closely.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot (masking any personal info)? This may help me and the relevant colleagues understand a bit better.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Hi,

So, yes; I see it is misleading - as nothing about any fees for roaming - ( see image ) just says I have roaming ( EU & WW ) allowances ‘included’ ( and I see this as misleading, as is not ‘included’ as it suggest & is not in my ‘allowance’.

also; the values do not align with the EU, £2 WW £5 paid add-on…..

Anyways, hope this helps & maybe you can get an update ( such as, auto enrolment when entering the EU for £2 per day includes the following )…..

IMG_0553.jpeg

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clever-Trevor,

Thanks for the clarification and the screenshot. I've passed this feedback on.

JonathanB

Kekec65
Fledgling

Can you explain this again please - have been with three for years as joined in 2017, never upgraded, simply rolled on with the same ADVANCED plan (latest roll on ADVANCED 30GB was in Dec 2023)  and was charged for roaming this April, but not when I was away in March?  Your chat chap is clueless, he actually stated I was over 12GB YEARLY data limit.