cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else wanting to leave due to poor service?

Renuvin
Fledgling

I've been a loyal customer for years, but since getting my new phone last month (that's when I noticed it, I don't know if that's the cause) I can not connect to the web anywhere within a mile of so of my house/town. I can't even get onto the 3 website to complain

14 REPLIES 14
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

That's disappointing to hear, Rae. 

Since you had the issue over such a large area, I think it's unlikely that it would have been a network related issue. When an area is impacted by issues, it's often because a mast has an issue, or something like that. Travelling back 35 miles, you likely passed within range of a hundred masts or more, and it would be unlikely that they all have the same issue. 

There are a few things that could be causing the issue. The first that comes to mind is allowances, does the plan have data allowance left? The next is settings, is mobile data enabled? Then there's the mobile network settings, are those configured correctly? If you're unsure, it might be worth heading into the reset option in the phones settings and choosing Network Settings Reset. This will ensure the settings are configured back to default. 

Hopefully one of those things give you the answer. If not, you might have a hardware issue with your SIM or the Handset, and that can be a bit more troublesome. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

AJ147
Active

Service is shocking, I have full signal ( according to my phone ) showing 4g+, max speed is 0.7mbps. I have moved to EE and so much better, constant speed and no throttled bandwidth, I only have my 3 sim in my work phone as i have stuff paid for already. I see the usual response below from the 3 team, nobody ever gives you a truthfull answer as to why it's always bad, you just get fobbed off with the usual waffle they hope will shut you up.

FellowsDiary
Regular

I don't think complaining to Three makes much difference

And their chat helpline is just a meaningless jargon generator 

Sorted
Fledgling

Yes both my wife and myself are waiting to leave after this contract term. The service is almost unusable now. Got really bad over there last year. I'm going to try different networks by getting a pay as you go sims and trying them out. Three used to ge very good in my location.  But not anymore. So glad there not aloud to sim lock the phones now.

Geordie_Steve
Active

I 100% agree. I recently moved to Three and now feel it is one of the worst decision i've made, with calls where I only hear every other word, resulting in a bad image when working..