cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make calls whilst in USA

vickilewis626
Fledgling

Hi we’re in the USA on holiday and tried to call home. The call keeps failing and says Number not recognised. 
Data roaming and texting working as normal. 

I have checked and it says international roaming is activated.

Any idea?

12 REPLIES 12
harness68
Fledgling

I would love to know how to do this. "switched network manually"

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @harness68,

Happy to help. This can vary a bit from phone to phone, and software version to software version.

Usually in settings, you'll have an option for carrier, connections, or network, and in one of these screens there's an option for network selection, which defaults to automatic.

When you take it off automatic, you'll be able to select which network to connect to. This will only give emergency calls in the UK, but whilst roaming you can test all available networks to find which one works best.

If you're still struggling to find these options, please let me know what model of phone you have and I'll check for more detailed instructions.

Hope this helps 🙂
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

harness68
Fledgling

I have found that if you are using a Huawei phone, these are banned from the AT&T network and thus prevent you from making or receiving calls or messages