cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive messages while abroad

tdhuria
Fledgling

I am in India and I am not able to receive SMS sent by my bank to log into my banking. I have switched the device off, and on, and I have a virtual sim.

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tdhuria,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting whilst in India. Just to confirm before we get into anything else. It's best to check the rates before using services abroad. We've just launched a new page to look up roaming availability and rates.

Thankfully receiving texts is a free service, but you should be careful, as making calls, sending texts, and connecting to mobile data is very expensive there.

It may help to narrow down if the issues is with receiving any texts whatsoever, or specifically these automated texts from your bank.

Sometimes when roaming, if you're having trouble picking up a connection. Toggling airplane/flight mode on and off again will help refresh your connection. Or if this doesn't work using manual network/carrier selection to test all networks you can pick up signal from, in case there's an issue with the network your phone is automatically connecting to.

If these suggestions haven't helped, it's best to contact customer services, they can check if roaming is active on your account, and check for any other issues that may be causing this.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.