cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service lied to me

niallcouper
Fledgling

I landed in Turkey recently and desperately tried to get a data passport.

It took ages to get it sorted and when I finally get it sorted the agent told me categorically I wouldn't get charged for my data usage up to that point as he understood it would be ok. My phone kept sending me alerts telling me how much I had been charged.

So you can imagine my surprise when my bill came through 4x higher than normal! Including £10 calling 333 to get it sorted.

Naturally customer services have been rubbish. 

Any tips on what I can do????

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi niallcouper,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience over in Turkey when trying to sort out your Data Passport. Unfortunately the passport does only cover data used after it's opted into.

I'll send you a PM with guidance on how to get further help with sorting this out.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Mark
Fledgling

They cut my wife and my data off at first I was told for a week now been informed it's 5 weeks while still taking my money, we both are meant to have unlimited data

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Mark,

I saw you made another post about this and have replied there, and also via PM. I hope the issue is resolved soon.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.