cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Booster Signal Box turn off

Melrox22
Fledgling

I got a text from you last week informing me that you intend to switch off the Home Booster Signal box saying they are no longer needed. Well I’m sorry to say I need mine as without it I don’t get a signal, even with WiFi calling enabled on MY phone which goes through my broadband provider (not 3), I’m really stressing at this as I NEED my phone. Your customer service agents just didn’t understand what I was trying to say, and when the first one INSISTED that I turn off the booster box myself I’d still have the call to him. I didn’t, the signal disappeared and so did the call. If you switch it off, I will have to leave 3 (been with you for 7 years) and I’m in the middle of a sim only contract, which I refuse to pay to get out off. 

Help!

11 REPLIES 11
mccaffm
Fledgling

similar issues here - i live on the edge of a cell and signal was always flaky, I've now had to revert back to fingers crossed if i can make a call. ive tried wifi calling, and cant cope with poor quality and or delays so will start to look again. I've probably been with 3 since almost day one say a shame, but heyho as they say things change. 

just for irony - i did a live chat on the website, and the resolution to my "calling" issues was to "call" customer services, made me smile

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @mccaffm, thanks for joining us here at Three Community. I'm sorry your signal isn't as strong as we'd like, and that the discontinuation of our Home Signal Box has caused you such concern.

It's also really disappointing that your webchat didn't prove to be very helpful. I've sent you a PM with some more details, so we can take a closer look at what's happening in your area and what we can do to help you. 

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.