cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low or no signal due to phone mast removal.

AdamPD
Fledgling

HI all,

I live in Worthing, when I first joined the Three network I was getting roughly 3-4 bars on my phone inside my house, which was great.

Then a year or so ago I notice my phone kept losing the signal and was only showing 1 bar, or "Wifi calling" instead.

Now I've finally moved away from a landline based broadband provider and am on full fibre, I'm using my phone more often

But, I'm constantly being cut off or can't make calls due to no signal

I did some research and apparently, it's due to a 7ish story building near me (Columbia House) which has been converted from office space into flats, that building used to have one or more phone masts on the roof, which were switched off and removed.

See photo below.

I'm still in contract for at least a year I believe, as I was apparently given a new 24 month contract when I asked to leave and was given a discount. Shame the contract bit wasn't mentioned, but hey ho.
So I'm not really sure what to do about the signal issue, any advice?

Columbia house

1 REPLY 1
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi AdamPD, welcome to Three Community. 

I'm really sorry you've had a rubbish time with signal over the last little while, dropped calls are super annoying. 

What's the message when you pop your postcode into our network status checker? Is it only at home you're having these signal issues?

Wi-Fi calling is designed to kick in when there's no signal to support the call, so that should help with the lack of signal. Do you find that your calls disconnect when you move away from your Wi-Fi router? Or are you having trouble with calls despite a strong Wi-Fi connection?

Let us know and we'll figure out the best next step for you.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.