cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for a new SIM to start working?

Cham
Fledgling

Hi All,

How long does it take for a new SIM to start working. I’ve had my phone stolen and obviously the SIM with it. I have acquired a spare phone, and been to the Three store, where I have acquired a replacement SIM. My question is how long will it take for the SIM to start working and so I can receive texts (mainly for verification use as the thief has changed passwords). It has been roughly 6 hours since I got the replacement SIM. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

Did you get a new number or has the replacement SIM got your old number? I ask because if you reported the SIM and phone stolen has 3 blocked the number, in which case the SIM will never activate.

Cham
Fledgling

I have kept the same number, as I need the number for verifications etc. I assumed that them sending a replacement SIM would mean they were not blocking the number. I did report it as stolen and they suspended the SIM and barred my device

sc1999
Local celebrity

You need to check with customer services that they have unbarred your number . With the current state of 3's customer services don't assume that they would automatically unbarr your number.

Cham
Fledgling

Right thank you very much I will try this tomorrow. Been a massive help thank you. This whole situation has been so stressful, and if I could start getting some of my accounts back that’d be a start. Thank you very much