cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get worse data speeds than my wife - new sim?

richardwarriner
Fledgling

Hi

I have an iPhone X and the sim in it is years old. My wife has an iPhone XR. We are both on Three

I often struggle to get data to work especially when on 4g. It shows 4g at the top and is connected but I can't do anything. My wife on her phone right next to me is Facebooking and snap-chatting with no issues. It happens all the time.

The only way I can get my phone to do anything is to disable 4g. The 3g signal will generally then work.

Sometimes 4g will function but more often than not it doesn't. Toggling flight mode sometimes helps. But she never has problems even with one bar of 4g showing.

Do I just have a bad phone or sim? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Richard,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I think you're on the right track here. If both of you are in the same places at the same time you shouldn't be having these vastly different experiences when using data.

The issue is how to figure out whether the SIM or phone is more likely to blame here. I'd try swapping the 2 SIM cards round. i.e. your SIM into your wife's phone and vice versa, that should hopefully give a quick indication of whether the problem is following your SIM or staying with your phone.

Let us know if that helps.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.