cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM(!) Phone services: Sim 1 not allowed

Mopees
Regular

Hi

Anyone ever seen this error before? Happened before randomly then goes. But happened numerous times today and over last couple of weeks signal has been progressively worse in the house and outside in some areas.

It's like a phone notification that appears: MM(!) Phone services: Sim 1 not allowed. See pic attached. 

3 told me it's the phone and did the usual restart and reset stuff, APN etc. Eventually they said they'll send a new sim but I'm not convinced it will fix it.

Read online sometimes this happens when the imei number has been blacklisted but i checked and both sim imei numbers are NOT blacklisted. 

Any suggestions why this happened?

Thanks

1000132795.jpg

@JonathanB ?

3 REPLIES 3
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

That kind of message would normally show if the device was blacklisted, or locked to a specific network. Since you've advised that it's not blacklisted, perhaps it's a network lock. Did you purchase the phone from another network operator? If so, which one? 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Mopees
Regular

Purchased the phone through vodaphone a few years ago as a deal and paid the device plan off and now with another network.

This message appears randomly and sometimes just goes on it's own as well. It seems to have gone again and doesn't affect the phone when it appears i don't think. Unless it's affecting the signal when it appears but then goes again once signal comes back. No idea!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Mopees,

I did once have a damaged SIM card trigger off Network lock and SIM registration failed messages at random. Long story short but a phone had overheating issues and warped the SIM slightly.

The end result was the SIM functioned in that one phone, but if it was inserted in other devices would intermittently give errors suggesting to either enter a Network unlock code, or that the SIM wasn't registered on a network.

I'm sure this isn't going to be quite the same circumstances, but this could mean:

• The metal contacts on the SIM just need a quick wipe, use a non abrasive cloth if you do this.
  • Failing that replacing the SIM will sort it, if the SIM is indeed damaged or faulty.
  • And if not, testing another SIM should at least let you know if the problem is likely be with the phone software/hardware.

I'd try these checks first, and if the issue is pointing to the phone, I think the next steps would be to try a factory reset in case it's purely a software issue, or to check the phone with the manufacturer or authorised repair centre, although if sounds like we're discussing a phone that will be out of warranty?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.