cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue

AndyH26
Fledgling

Have recently transferred to Three from EE, 

provided a PAC code and received a text confirming my number had transferred but it doesn’t work, please help

Mod note, post title edited for clarity

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Maestro

Switch the phone off/on again. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AndyH26,

Sorry to hear your port has been delayed, just to check have you activated your Three SIM? This should just be as simple as popping the SIM in the phone and making sure it is picking up a signal. To be certain, I'd also recommend making a quick call, to ensure this rings out and connects.

The SIM has to be activated one working day before the number port, so if this isn't done on time, it will delay the port.

If the SIM was activated on time, please check to make sure the EE SIM has been disconnected from their network, you'll either find it doesn't pick up signal anymore, or you may get an error like "SIM registration failed". Assuming this has disconnected as expected, please let me know what you're experiencing on the Three SIM and we will be able to advise further.

For example is the Three SIM working as normal but with a new number, or is it failing to call/text/connect to data, or are you seeing a particular error message?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.