cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issues in north Telford

wonkotsane
Fledgling

There are persistent (2 years+) issues with the network in north Telford that still haven't been resolved.

Coverage is fine in terms of signal strength - strong signal in most places with some low signal strength areas thanks to the geography. However, there are parts of north Telford where no matter what strength of signal you have there is nothing you can do with it - ! in the signal strength indicator and no throughput at all.

This is a consistent and persistent problem covering a large area. I cancelled a 4G home router because it was unusable most of the time and if I travel a couple of miles up the road my mobile phone is an expensive brick.

Of course, if I call Three I get asked for a postcode but it's not that kind of problem. It's most of Wellington (Shropshire), Admaston, Bratton, Apley and parts of Hadley and Leegomery that are primarily affected. I've managed to get confirmation a few times from Three that there is a known problem in the area and I periodically get texts to say there's work to resolve an issue in the area but it doesn't fix this problem and so many people in this area complain about it.

Three map.png

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

I live in a rural area and I get not spots throughout my postcode area. For the last 2 months 3 have been "fixing issues in my area", last year they spent 3 months doing the same, and I still drop to 3g. If you go to the link below OFCOM's coverage checker goes down to address level and it is interesting to see how other networks perform and how coverage varies within the postcode area. There is an API on the site for developers to link to, so I wonder why 3 don't tap in.

All we get from 3 is they are working on their "Big Network Build" but are unwilling, or unable, to be more specific about what they are doing in a specific area.

Broadband and mobile coverage checker - Ofcom

bulldog555
Involved

Telford are one of the worse '3' performance almost everywhere but madeley '3' are now rubbished as 5G seem broken in this area.

The new PoW masts in Madeley, Aquequct, Dawley, Halesfield, Sutton Hill still OFFLINE, No ACTIVE!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @wonkotsane,

I'm sorry this sounds really frustrating, particularly if there's areas with excellent signal but aren't actually allowing data connections. Not to mention the amount of time this has been going on. I've passed info onto some colleagues and will let you know if I can find out more.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

bulldog555
Involved

5G almost imporovement in Madeley & Woodside area but need more work to do.

3452970092739806-vCMyjoTq.png

Bazp
Fledgling

The problem has been really bad with no internet connection since mid March, nothing seems to be done, the problem seems to be with the tower near Aldi in Wellington, very frustrated as I need broadband and having to take out 3rd party services, I’ve argued hard with 3 and the have fully refunded the last 2 months of my Bill but tell me they will only offer a limited refund in future which is completely unacceptable as they do not seem to be fixing the issue, I want out of this contract without penalty if problems not resolved soon