Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 4G MiFi Broadband - Can't Connect

jacobahill
Fledgling

Hi all,

I'm a new customer with Mobile Broadband and received my Data Only SIM and MiFi 4g router today. However, I've been unable to connect and am getting a solid red light on the signal indicator of the router.

For a bit of background, I've already done a few rounds of reinserting the SIM and ensuring it's properly inserted. My devices can connect just fine to the router itself but have no internet.

When accessing the router menu in my browser it's telling me I have an invalid SIM inserted, but it's the one that came with it! I tried my phone's SIM in the device and it connected, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the hardware.

For what it's worth, it did take me a couple of hours to have my My3 account initialised after delivery, so I'm not sure if it's just taking time to activate the SIM, but I don't see why this would be the case if it's supposed to be plug-and-play? My worry is that the SIM itself is a dud, but I wonder if others have had similar experiences and just had to wait it out until everything was activated.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jacobahill,

The SIMs usually activate on the day of delivery or purchase from store automatically. It may be worth popping the SIM in your phone to see if it's showing active in there, and if it's still not came online in the meantime since posting, please get in touch with customer services so that they can check if there's an issue.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!