Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG calling, texting, and allowance issues

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update 22/05/2024

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for any disruption and inconvenience this issue has been causing over the past few days. Our team have been working hard on this, and the underlying issue should now be resolved.

For anyone who has been charged from top up credit when they had a pack or add on which would have otherwise covered the usage, the credit used should be restored automatically.

If you're still experiencing any difficulties using your service, please test if rebooting your phone restores normal services.

If the issues are still persisting, please let us know what you're experiencing in the replies, For example whether there's an issue with calls, texts, and/or data, and any error messages that you're seeing.

Hi everyone,

We've been receiving reports of some PAYG customers being unable to make calls or send texts since yesterday. We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will provide updates on this thread. We'll move all related posts to this thread in order to keep things tidy, and so everyone can easily find any updates. Please refrain from creating multiple threads about this issue in the meantime. 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

230 REPLIES 230
Anne
Fledgling

Me too. Several contacts with live chat and just called into store. Said they’re working on it but I was first to complain. Not able to make calls weekend and today Monday. Told to use WhatsApp!!

Milad
Fledgling

Exactly Same for me.

LONETK
Regular

Hey there!

I`ve had 2 payg mobile sims in the UK for me and my wife from probably August last year.

The £10 a month for each one is automated to be taken from the bank and we`ve never had any trouble but today she went to make a call and it said balance too low.

I said it`s probably an error and that she could use mine. 

The call went through but it used my credit balance that I`d had on there since I started the sims maybe 8 or 9 months ago.

The plans are £10 a month and get 10gb internet, unlimited voice and unlimited texts but for some reason both phone apps are saying voice allowance is zero minutes of zero minutes and expired on 1st of January 2022.

This is very strange as the auto top up was only last week.

Hopefully it`s just a bug and is sorted soon.

Thanks.

Toxi
Fledgling

Same problem for me and my mother I would enjoy the peace on a Sunday afternoon but keep getting told to fix it like I can LOL.

TonyMotegi
Fledgling

Same problem here... Hopefully just a bug?? 

peterb0959
Regular

Same here, both mine and my  wife's phone..... 

GBEE99
Fledgling

My mum has the same problem with her plan too. Payment was taken on Tuesday.

"This call cannot be completed as your account balance is too low".

Ian89Il
Fledgling

Me to happen today I cart call out it's saying I've used all my voice allowance 

Figaro
Fledgling

Same here. We have two Three PAYG lines at home (both the 10GB recurring), and they're somehow showing a zero voice minutes allowance remaining (they're supposed to be unlimited). Interestingly, they're both set to expire on 1Jan 2222, as if...

Carrottcakeee
Fledgling

Same here I pay £15 a month and it isn’t working it says 0 voice allowance expires 1 January 2222