Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG calling, texting, and allowance issues

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update 22/05/2024

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for any disruption and inconvenience this issue has been causing over the past few days. Our team have been working hard on this, and the underlying issue should now be resolved.

For anyone who has been charged from top up credit when they had a pack or add on which would have otherwise covered the usage, the credit used should be restored automatically.

If you're still experiencing any difficulties using your service, please test if rebooting your phone restores normal services.

If the issues are still persisting, please let us know what you're experiencing in the replies, For example whether there's an issue with calls, texts, and/or data, and any error messages that you're seeing.

Hi everyone,

We've been receiving reports of some PAYG customers being unable to make calls or send texts since yesterday. We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will provide updates on this thread. We'll move all related posts to this thread in order to keep things tidy, and so everyone can easily find any updates. Please refrain from creating multiple threads about this issue in the meantime. 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

230 REPLIES 230
Derko
Fledgling

So when is this getting fixed!?  Absolutely ridiculous that I haven’t been able to make calls for 2 x days.  How about sn update???

Char1
Fledgling

Mine worked for an hour about 6pm this evening and then stopped working again. We have 3 phones all using 3 network and all unable to use the service. 2 are my children which rely on their phones to contact me incase of emergency absolute joke that it's been 2 days without receiving the service Iv paid for ! Not even a txt message from them to inform us of that they are aware of the issue or an update. Had to come to here to see fpr myself if it was a known issue

Emi
Fledgling

I had this issue too. I was two hours away from home when I realised. I had to top up twice as I had an emergency to deal with. Are you planning to refund us? I wasn't meant to pay a tenner on calls today. 

Trixibird
Fledgling

I had the problem yesterday. It was fixed today but now it's back. Will we get the days credited back when not able to use?

Hirune
Fledgling

Hi 

My PAYG service won’t allow me to call and or use data as it states there’s no remaining allowance and the minutes expires on 2222 which is very bizarre. All my cash credit have been charged for making calls and using data. 
please resolve this and provide me with a solution for reimburse the charged cash credit. 
thanks

peterb0959
Regular

Yesterday it worked, today it’s back to the same problem as for the last 2 day ‘ cannot  make any calls due to the account balance too low’

What is going on at 3 ?

more than 2 days with a serious outage affecting hundreds of customers,  no communications from you about the issue or advising a timescale when it will be fixed and no communication about refunding our money for services paid for but not received.

Wotsit
Fledgling

It's still a problem for us as of this morning. We couldn't call the doctor or receive a call from the doctor this morning for a medical emergency. Totally unacceptable that it's still ongoing.

MH
Fledgling

Mine hasn't worked since Sunday, I even bought an additional add on and credit as thought it was my fault, i rang 3 and was told to just wait, i asked for a refund for the additional purchase and was told no they wouldn't do this!!

ciarablack
Regular

Still not working and still no updates from Three. Have now spent £30 in the space of 2 days on unavoidable calls. Completely unacceptable service from Three.

Keerththan
Fledgling

My account not working