Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG calling, texting, and allowance issues

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update 22/05/2024

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for any disruption and inconvenience this issue has been causing over the past few days. Our team have been working hard on this, and the underlying issue should now be resolved.

For anyone who has been charged from top up credit when they had a pack or add on which would have otherwise covered the usage, the credit used should be restored automatically.

If you're still experiencing any difficulties using your service, please test if rebooting your phone restores normal services.

If the issues are still persisting, please let us know what you're experiencing in the replies, For example whether there's an issue with calls, texts, and/or data, and any error messages that you're seeing.

Hi everyone,

We've been receiving reports of some PAYG customers being unable to make calls or send texts since yesterday. We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will provide updates on this thread. We'll move all related posts to this thread in order to keep things tidy, and so everyone can easily find any updates. Please refrain from creating multiple threads about this issue in the meantime. 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

230 REPLIES 230
Marius19
Fledgling

Hi,

I am on PAYG, my allowances expires on 9th of june but i cannot  make calls or send texts. When i try to call someone is saying that My account balance is to low.

What to do about this?

TarkU5
Regular

This is happening to many people, it is a glitch that Three are aware of aparantly but since yesterday they still haven't fixed it.

Remiu
Fledgling

This morning my unlimited minutes just vanished even though I have an unlimited data pack active 

Natalie5
Fledgling

My data pack auto renewed two days ago, although I have the data, the unlimited calls/texts haven't topped up. Tried live chat but that didn't work as it kept saying it didn't understand my problem. Tried calling but no option to speak to anyone so only option was to ask for a call back which can apparently take up to 72 hours. Very frustrated!

Pauline
Fledgling

If you select option thinking about leaving you will get a person, i got through on the live chat only under complaint - spoke to some one which wasn't helpful, the team are aware of the issue and just to wait - i have been waiting 5 days now  

Pauline
Fledgling

I haven't been able to call for 5 days since the new update installed on my phone is there a way to uninstall ? been in touch with three, and was advised a couple more days i was advised this 3 days ago, however the advisor in the chat advised me that i can take my number to another provider free of charge ! which was very helpful so think i might just do that

vmys
Fledgling

I had the same problem, try restarting your phone. Restarting worked for me.

Pauline
Fledgling

Thanks but hasn't worked for me ☹️ this is very annoying 

peterb0959
Regular

It's still an issue, We. (myself and my wife) unable to make any outgoing calls, despite being. on 'unlimited' voice / texts, this occurred yesterday and is ongoing.

MHassan
Regular

We are experiencing a similar problem. Although we have the package to make unlimited calls. When we top up the credit to make phone calls, the charges for calls within the same network are excessively high.