Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG calling, texting, and allowance issues

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update 22/05/2024

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for any disruption and inconvenience this issue has been causing over the past few days. Our team have been working hard on this, and the underlying issue should now be resolved.

For anyone who has been charged from top up credit when they had a pack or add on which would have otherwise covered the usage, the credit used should be restored automatically.

If you're still experiencing any difficulties using your service, please test if rebooting your phone restores normal services.

If the issues are still persisting, please let us know what you're experiencing in the replies, For example whether there's an issue with calls, texts, and/or data, and any error messages that you're seeing.

Hi everyone,

We've been receiving reports of some PAYG customers being unable to make calls or send texts since yesterday. We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will provide updates on this thread. We'll move all related posts to this thread in order to keep things tidy, and so everyone can easily find any updates. Please refrain from creating multiple threads about this issue in the meantime. 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

230 REPLIES 230
Holly128
Regular

I have exactly the same problem! 

TONI
Regular

me too

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your pic just shows up as a yellow triangle but I’m guessing there is an issue affecting payg customers because I’ve  seen a few posts like yours this evening and I’m sorry not to be more of a help to you. You’ll obviously need to contact customer service tomorrow if it’s not resolved.

Good luck.

Macca
Fledgling

I am the same can't make a call or send a text message ....I have the 15gb package which allows me to have unlimited calls and text ....there must be a problem 

Holly128
Regular

Yeah there’s got to be. So frustrating isn’t it!

Macca
Fledgling

Yeah just a bit .....I'm sure three will get it sorted by tomorrow 

Weeaud
Regular

Im in the same boat . Tried calling my elderly dad tonight at usual time of 7pm which i do every night wouldn't let me make out going calls said my credit too low and to top up. Yet im on 50g data plan with unlimited calls and texts. It a pain in the but.  Some people rely on their phones as life lines. I must say this is only the second time this has happened in the 4 years I've  been with 3 network so here's hoping they get it fixed pronto. Thank God my dad has whats app so i called through that.. Also getting into my account details has also been problem tonight as well. 😡😡😡😡

I feel you pain.. 

Maninwales
Fledgling

I have exactly the same problem, I rely on my phone for my business and after 24hours still can’t make outgoing calls.

Loweys1904
Fledgling

Not the 1st time this has happened. I'm trying to ring doctors but can't. And 3 couldn't care less, can't get thru on anything

Pink_monkey_007
Fledgling

Just had a live chat, response was they are aware of issues with making calls and their IT team are working to resolve....Will receive a text once issue fixed which will be done at the earliest today!