cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported from GiffGaff and I am Unable to Receive Calls or Texts

Barbarab6980
Regular

Hi, I have a problem which as far as I can tell seems to a fairly common one. I have ported my number and I can make calls and send texts but cannot receive them.

I have 'chatted' with 3 different agents and cannot get them to take me seriously, I am going away tomorrow and need to be contactable. Even the complaints person doesn't want to listen. Can anybody help?

I have tried calling 333 but they want to send me a text to verify it's me so I can't do that

5 REPLIES 5
goldensungirl
Regular

Hi, I am also experiencing the same problem after switching over to Vodafone on the 12th of May. I've been unable to receive SMS (non-iMessage) texts and calls for the past month. Really inconveniencing. I messaged one of the mods about this as for some reason I couldn't reply to these discussions until an hour ago! The live chat agents have been absolutely useless and I sent in a complaint about 3 weeks ago but have yet to hear anything from Three, don't think I will. All I've gotten is £5 off my next bill! A bit ridiculous.

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Barbarab6980 @goldensungirl 

I'm really sorry to hear that it's taking so long for your number to transfer over fully. In case this still isn't resolved I'll send you both a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

FatTony
Fledgling

Am also having a similar problem - porting number hasn't completed correctly and so I am unable to receive phone calls on the new phone with the new SIM (the person calling gets told the number isn't recognised/registered). Can make calls and texts to other numbers using both the new phone with the new SIM and the old phone with the old SIM - they both are received under the same contact name. Haven't received a text to say the number was ported either. Was supposed to be ported yesterday. 

Any fix for this at all please? Thank you

goldensungirl
Regular

No fix that I know of yet. Three's screwed us over. Going to email the CEO and the customer care person later today or tmrw.

Abbieerose
Regular

Also having this problem, spoken to various 'advisors' on the online chat, 333 and in store and nobody can help.