cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Barring

kevanl2703
Fledgling

My phone was recently stolen - I contacted Three via webchat on 1st November 2022 to request Proof of Barring for my insurance claim.  I was promised an email with the Proof of Barring within 72 hours.  I received nothing so I contacted Three again via webchat on 14th November 2022 - after providing the information again about the stolen device I was again promised Proof of Barring via email with 72 hours - I have screen shots of the webchat that show this very clearly.  More than 72 hours has elapsed and I have still received nothing.  I have all the other information I need to submit my insurance claim but the lack of Proof of Barring is preventing me from making the claim despite it having been promised to me twice.....

This is extremely disappointing as the rest of the service from Three has been excellent but a company is only as good as its weakest link and this is a very weak link

11 REPLIES 11
aditya97
Fledgling

I switched my network provider from Vodafone UK to Three as a few of my friends were using Three and convinced me to change. I even recommended a few of my colleagues. Unfortunately sad news, my phone was stolen - I contacted Three via phone on 18th July 2024 to request Proof of Usage and Proof of Barring for my insurance claim.  I was asked to send an email to (proofs@contact.three.co.uk) with my proof of purchase receipt. I was promised an email with the Proof of Barring and Usage within 72 hours.  I received nothing after providing my name, address, phone number and date of birth via email. I called twice earlier before and they said Proof of barring will be given from Apple. I spoke to the Apple team twice and even the Insurance team said, that proof of barring means a network is locked on the stolen device, so no one in the UK can use it and Three is my network provider as they have access to block network restrictions. I have still received nothing and request someone to help.  I have all the other information I need to submit my insurance claim but only lack of Proof of Barring which is preventing me from making the claim despite it having been promised by Asad one of the nice customer advisers who was little helpful before the other 2 customer advisers.

This is extremely disappointing as the rest of the service from Three has been an excellent process but a company is only as good as its weakest link and this is a very weak link. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It's disappointing to hear that happened to you. 

Three should be able to provide proof of usage, and proof of blacklisting. If you didn't get the phone directly from Three, you might also need proof of purchase for the phone before Three can blacklist it. 

A blacklisted phone will be prevented from using the mobile networks, however the phones do not stop working entirely. To lock out an iPhone so that users can't use it, that needs to be done through Apple.

If you're still waiting to get the proof of blacklisting from Three, it might be worth logging your complaint in relation to the experience, the team can look into it and try to get it resolved for you. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.