cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently moved from Vodafone, can't receive calls or SMS

owen1987
Regular

Hello, can someone please help - I've recently moved from Vodafone providing my PAC number to keep my number, I was informed the switch was completed end of May. 

I can make calls fine - but can't receive calls or SMS.

I'm on the iPhone 14 pro max - have checked settings > phone and confirm the number on the device matches that of my actual number, so this is fine. But I when someone rings me they receive "This number has not been recognised"

I can't receive any verification messages or calls, so Im still struggling to sign in to various apps all very concerning 😞

Can someone please assist, many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, Owen. 

It's disappointing to hear the start of your time with Three hasn't been so great. It sounds like your port in might have only been partially completed. The most common reason we see this is when the old network or the new network hasn't updated the routing correctly, but it shouldn't take too long to resolve in most cases. 

Did you manage to speak to someone today at all to get an update on what's going on? 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

owen1987
Regular

Hi Pete, many thanks for your reply, I spent a good hour+ discussing the issue with a number of support team, and managed to get a case raised. They mentioned it could take 3 days. Still no improvements, but hopefully by Thursday.

it’s been painful I won’t lie - missed a lot of important calls, which has been truly frustrating 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @owen1987,

This does sounds really frustrating. Has this been resolved yet, or have you received any update in the meantime?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.