cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So first full day , not great experience

Dave6018
Fledgling

Hi all,

So it has been my first day trialing three, it hasn't been a good experience. 

So started off fine had 5g at work instead of the 4+ I was used to with EE, but then the dreaded issue and why I left three 7 years ago, I had full strength 5g signal but could access the internet!! When I could it was ver sporadic. 

I have a. S23 ultra bought from Samsung, it just keeps showing the up arrow and the pages never loads, I had to keep toggling airplane mode. 

So I thought I would love chat an agent a that didn't go well, he came to the conclusion it was my phone!! Even though I explained it works ok at home and when I switch to my EE SIM it works great, but anyway that didn't go anywhere. So I checked the status page and they are doing work on a mast which is still going on as I type this, so if I hadn't had an EE SIM my phone would be totally useless. 

Does three still suffer from severe network congestion? How does everybody find the tech support ?

I'm currently on a paygo SIM with 50gb and I was looking to switch from EE but first day is making me reconsider this 

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Check access and speeds several times during the day and early morning and evening. This will demonstrate if is it's congestion. 

I have a Samsung S21FE bought from Affordable  Mobiles and phone works fine on 3 and Vodafone. 

Manually set your phone to 4g rather than allowing it to go to 5g. I live at the extreme limit of my nearest 5g cell and 5g speed is so slow, upload is in kb, that pages won't open.

Yes, three suffers from congestion in places and I defy any network to day they don't.  It's why I left EE. Is the customer services any good? For me yes but for most on here no. Remember,  this community is made up of, mostly, people with 3 issues. If you ask is something good or bad then bad wins the day here. Look at the number of people registered, many registered in the hope of winning a prize, and it's a very small number compared to the number of customers you might expect a phone network to have. Will I renew with 3 next year well the jury is out.

sc1999
Local celebrity

How is it going?