cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to work VPN

whitters1977
Regular

Suddenly overnight two days ago I am unable to connect to my work VPN from both my three devices (5g router and mobile hotspot).  This also seemed to happen when the whole 3 network went done in my area a couple of times of the last couple of days (lost internet access on 5g router, mobile hotspot and mobile phone)   just to eliminate any issues on my work Infrastructure I asked my neighbour if I could jump on their sky broadband to check.  Guess what I connected just fine.  I have rebooted everything a few times. to no avail.  This is definitely a 3 issue and I will be raising  complaint as the whole reason I use their devices is for work. I work on the Infrastructure team in my company so I know for a fact it is not an issue on our side.  I will probably hit a brick wall with Three's customer service after reading the poor responses on various threads on here.  Bearing in mind I have set up 4 new services with you guys just over days ago, I am not impressed.  If this is not fixed I would expect you to let me break my 5g and mobile broadband contract with you so I can find a service that works again.  I was previously on EE and had no issues but left because I was persuaded by one of your sales people that you could save me money and offer me a better service! I have lost two days work so far! await an informative response rather than the generic ones I have seen you put on other similar posts.  I will reiterate, I work on the Infrastructure tam for my company and can categorically tell you its not an issue our end. 

9 REPLIES 9
Stodge
Fledgling

By any chance, has your router started using IPv6? Are you able to set it back to IPv4 and check if that is the problem? Three have been rolling out IPv6 across the network geographically, it may be that when you disconnected and reconnected during the outage that you got switched...

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @whitters1977,

Sorry to hear about all the disruption this has been causing. I've sent you a PM to request some more information so we can look into this further.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

farooqahmad
Fledgling

I've the same issue while connecting with my work VPN. How to solve it?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @farooqahmad,

Can you tell us a little more about the issue you've been facing? Which VPN service do you use? Does it fail to connect whatsoever, intermittently disconnect, or is it an issue with the quality/speeds?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ptmurphy
Fledgling

I'm having the same/similar issue with the NR5103E, for around 2-weeks now, via Global Protect from Palo Alto.

It's not 100% of the time but it's often enough that I am going slightly mad. Work laptop just keeps getting error connection reset for various internal/external sites or applications. I am told by our IT that Three have potential blocked secure tunnel traffic. Either way it's making my working day at home a misery

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ptmurphy,

There's a thread about VPN issues with that router which may help. Let me know if the advice on FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection seems to improve the connection?

Thanks,
Jonathan

ptmurphy
Fledgling

Hey @JonathanB  good afternoon & thanks for the reply.

I'd seen the post you mention, and tried that yesterday before my comment here. Nothing is working for me so I'm really struggling at present. I have spoken with Three's broadband support who said they'll send a new router but I doubt this will fix the issue.

Hi Jonathan - I replied over week ago and you’ve not responded.

Given my employer can’t continually accept “there’s broadband problems” for my inability to work I’ve had to install fixed line broadband with Sky so I can do my job so I can afford to pay for broadband.

Apparently this is being looked into by your “technical team” but tbh the fact I’m now paying for two services is a joke. I’d appreciate a) a reply and b) some form of comms which tell me how I can leave my Three contract without penalty.

lets maybe start with just an acknowledgement 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It's likely Jonathan has been monitoring for an update from you in relation to the fact you were in the process of dealing with the broadband team at the time. There's no access to user accounts from here, so he wouldn't have any additional information to view, and since you didn't ask anything new in the last comment, it doesn't seem like there would have been anything he could add to the conversation. Since he isn't here though, I took the opportunity to get back to you. 

In relation to b, we don't know what the options will be in relation to your request to cancel the account. That's something that would need to be discussed and looked into by the Home Broadband Support team when they are looking at your account, something we can't do from here. 

As you've taken up another broadband account elsewhere, it would be best to reach out to the Home Broadband Support team again in order to highlight that you're looking to cancel the account. 

Pete.