Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to work VPN

whitters1977
Regular

Suddenly overnight two days ago I am unable to connect to my work VPN from both my three devices (5g router and mobile hotspot).  This also seemed to happen when the whole 3 network went done in my area a couple of times of the last couple of days (lost internet access on 5g router, mobile hotspot and mobile phone)   just to eliminate any issues on my work Infrastructure I asked my neighbour if I could jump on their sky broadband to check.  Guess what I connected just fine.  I have rebooted everything a few times. to no avail.  This is definitely a 3 issue and I will be raising  complaint as the whole reason I use their devices is for work. I work on the Infrastructure team in my company so I know for a fact it is not an issue on our side.  I will probably hit a brick wall with Three's customer service after reading the poor responses on various threads on here.  Bearing in mind I have set up 4 new services with you guys just over days ago, I am not impressed.  If this is not fixed I would expect you to let me break my 5g and mobile broadband contract with you so I can find a service that works again.  I was previously on EE and had no issues but left because I was persuaded by one of your sales people that you could save me money and offer me a better service! I have lost two days work so far! await an informative response rather than the generic ones I have seen you put on other similar posts.  I will reiterate, I work on the Infrastructure tam for my company and can categorically tell you its not an issue our end. 

4 REPLIES 4
Stodge
Fledgling

By any chance, has your router started using IPv6? Are you able to set it back to IPv4 and check if that is the problem? Three have been rolling out IPv6 across the network geographically, it may be that when you disconnected and reconnected during the outage that you got switched...

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @whitters1977,

Sorry to hear about all the disruption this has been causing. I've sent you a PM to request some more information so we can look into this further.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

farooqahmad
Fledgling

I've the same issue while connecting with my work VPN. How to solve it?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @farooqahmad,

Can you tell us a little more about the issue you've been facing? Which VPN service do you use? Does it fail to connect whatsoever, intermittently disconnect, or is it an issue with the quality/speeds?

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!