cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Three blocked my VPN Connection?

3IsNotMyFriend
Fledgling

As of Fri 2024-06-20 UTC afternoon, I stopped being able to access my VPN on the Three network

• i can continue to access it on wifi. 
  • i have reset my APN to no avail. 

When on Three mobile network, my VPN connection fails despite having data allowance and data connection works without VPN. 

I will have to leave Three if this is not fixed asap

5 REPLIES 5
MZone
Maestro

Call 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 to discuss your issue with tech support.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @3IsNotMyFriend,

Some other Community members have found this thread to be helpful: FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection 

Try setting a manual APN profile with APN 3internet set for IPv4 only and this should hopefully get this working again for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

DanH
Regular

Hi all, as per my recent post here https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Cannot-connect-to-Work-VPN/m-p/32262

The suggested solution to force IPv4 is not working for me. I have set this on my router and also asked Three technical support to pin on their side. For me the issue is not a lack of VPN connectivity, it is specifically use of the proxies that serve all company intranet and internet. There is no work around the proxies need to be used. If I hot spot using Vodafone, the issue is resolved. This problem started on 22nd April. It seems to be an issue that the proxy and firewall cannot find a route back to my IP address causing time-outs in the browser (just my guess)

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 12.37.46.png

We do not support VPN... if this is the official line, Three should expect an exodus of customers who are working from home.

DanH
Regular

I spoke to Three and put up a really good argument for Technical support to investigate this as a fault. They are unwilling so on the same call raised a compliant. The outcome was they will not investigate and that the official line remains "VPN is not supported". This might be due to the implementation of CGAT but whatever the cause, this stopped working on 22nd April. I have now raised an order with an FTTC / SOGEA service provider, which apparently has a higher probability of being suitable for home working. 

DanH
Regular

@KateS  a related post for you to review. Thanks