cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Unrecoverable

Timmy
Regular

Hi,

I was abroad and I lost my phone. I immediately contacted 3 through live chat and they helped lock my number and SIM. My internet connection was spotty so I couldn't save a copy of the conversation and I couldn't even say thank you to the agent.

Having done this however, I remembered I needed my number in order to access accounts but having spoke to another agent, they've said that my account is no longer under the name I originally created it under for some unknown reason. I needed to confirm my identity when I had to lock my SIM but the same details don't work anymore.

Can I confirm I am the account holder by telling the last time I put money into the pay-as-you-go account, the amount and card details? I can even change the password to my account as I have access to the email associated with it. I don't know why the account holder details have changed eventhough to lock the SIM, I used the exact same details in the converstation 😞

10 REPLIES 10
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Timmy,

I can't access the account directly, but I've answered your PM with direction to a help team that I think may be able to get this back on track.

The other suggestion is to pop into store with photo ID. That's on the assumption that we barred the SIM under our lost/stolen process. If it's fully cancelled the store may not be able to help, in which case I'd suggest to stick with the other team I mentioned on the PM.

Please let me know how this goes.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here