cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Allowance Help

stewartbuck1986
Fledgling

Hello,

I am a PAYG customer on the unlimited data plan.  As of 8:00 this morning it has been asking me to sign into network, and when I log into the 3 app my voice & text plans expire 2 Nov 2023, but the data plan is showing as expiring 1 Jan 2222.  I have tried to start a live chat (no one is available), I have tried to speak to someone by calling the customer care number (I only have online support), and finally I went into my local 3 store and they were unable to help me as I am a PAYG customer.  I have tried switching flight mode on & off, restarting my phone, and selecting the option to sign into network - nothing has worked.  Has anyone come across this issue before?  If so, how did you fix it?

10 REPLIES 10
sc1999
Local celebrity

I am on monthly and the app shows my allowances expiring on the day that the next payment is due. After payment it shows that my allowances expire the following month and so on. I don't think that you need to worry, it's just another part of 3's new app that is designed to confuse and not help.

bevans
Regular

I have this exact same issue, no internet connection at all. I used the live chat and was told I had exceeded my data limit (i have unlimited data). Then told to visit my 'local store ' (over half an hours drive away). 

corvette14664
Fledgling

Hi I'm in the UK. EXACT same this happening to me. My nearest three store is over 100 miles away. Can't get hold of a single person. Mine cut out this afternoon. 

KB2
Regular

Same boat here. It looks like they chucked off 5G data users. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry for the disruption to your allowances. I've checked and it does look like this matches an issue we're aware of and working to resolve as soon as possible. Just to be doubly sure that we have identified your account, and to help gather info for our investigation, I've sent you each a PM to refer you to some colleagues.

Please have a chat with them and they'll pass your account info on to the relevant teams

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

jastinecruz_
Fledgling

Mine didnt work for a whole day yesterday, I got connected to someone but it took me ages. As i woke up today it did work for about 2 legit minutes and start the same thing again.

bevans
Regular

So after trying live chat all afternoon yesterday I finally got through to someone who said they would pass it on to the technical department. I checked my app this morning and they have done something...... Completely remove my data plan! So I have a unlimited data pack with no data. Thanks Three

jastinecruz_
Fledgling

Yeah happened to me this morning too, so i did restart my phone. Then notif blew me as i had connection not until 2min. It started not working again. And my data is back at jan 1 2222

GM88
Fledgling

Any solution here? Spent 1.5hrs on live chat. They tried lots of stuff but nothing worked. Ultimately they decided to send me a blurb about my allowance being exceeded. I tried to explain that I bought a new data pack today and haven't been able to use it so that would be impossible, but they simply ended the chat. So frustrating.