cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Go Roam 12GB Limit Texts?

Ng85
Regular

I have been in Spain for four days. I received a text after two days to say I had used 80% of the 12 GB fair use limit, and just received another text to say I have used the full amount and will be charged 17p per MB should I continue. The same thing happened to my husband, only on a shorter timeline - he received the 80% text within an hour of landing, and the 100% text a day later.

However, I have checked my account and added up my usage - it is just under 4 GB since we arrived, definitely nowhere near 12 GB. 

The only option we have been offered is to upgrade to £5 per day ‘unlimited’ data passes for the remainder of our stay, and then to claim the cost of these back if, when we get our bill, it shows that we didn’t actually use 12 GB of data in the month. Call me a cynic, but this sounds like a money making enterprise (aka a scam). 

Are these texts going out incorrectly? If this is happening to a lot of customers, all of whom are then advised to purchase the more expensive ‘unlimited’ plan, that adds up to a lot of extra revenue for Three.

@JonathanB I’ve noticed you’re particularly helpful within the community; please could you help me?

Thanks! 

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

Our support teams have advised that this issue should now be fully resolved. Please let me know if you're still receiving any of these notifications, and when the message has arrived and we'll ensure that this is looked into further.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

34 REPLIES 34
HfF123
Regular

I had the 80 percent and 100 percent one whilst phone was switched off yesterday - without adding up all the Kb which will take ages how to I know if it’s accurate or not !?!! This is very stressful as need it for maps as also won’t let me add data passport 

Dal
Regular

I have been receiving these as well in May in Holland and in August in Croatia. I complained with much effort to customer services in India and they could not understand my point and kept saying I could buy an add on. Gave up in the end as like talking to a Lemon.

mtburdon
Fledgling

I've just had this exact same issue. Went to Crete on 29th July, an hour or so after landing I get the 80% text message. I tried to check on the app to see how much I've used but as I have unlimited data in the UK it doesn't give me a number (if I remember rightly the app previously had a bar chart showing how much data you'd used each month). We're going away next week again and it's in the same billing period so I'm worried I only have that 20% to use and I'm going to go over it and end up paying per MB. Just been on with online chat and kept being reassured I could buy an add on. When I explained I'm still concerned that I'd get charged if I go over it got cut off! I added up my data usage from the day we went to Crete and it came to about 600mb.

Also, am I right in thinking you get charged (£2 or £5 per 24 hours, depending where you are) to use data abroad? I'm sure last year I got a text when I'd used some data explaining that I'd been charged that £2 and I could use data for 24 hours. This year I didn't, so not sure how I could have used 8GB+. I'm just confused about the whole thing.

Aidas
Fledgling

I am not in spain,but 12gb is gone,need fix this

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Aidas,

This topic was in reference to an issue that was fixed last year. Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues. Can you explain a bit more about what's been happening? Did you mean you're "now" in Spain?

If you can provide a bit more detail, I'll do my best to help, or point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.