cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Go Roam 12GB Limit Texts?

Ng85
Regular

I have been in Spain for four days. I received a text after two days to say I had used 80% of the 12 GB fair use limit, and just received another text to say I have used the full amount and will be charged 17p per MB should I continue. The same thing happened to my husband, only on a shorter timeline - he received the 80% text within an hour of landing, and the 100% text a day later.

However, I have checked my account and added up my usage - it is just under 4 GB since we arrived, definitely nowhere near 12 GB. 

The only option we have been offered is to upgrade to £5 per day ‘unlimited’ data passes for the remainder of our stay, and then to claim the cost of these back if, when we get our bill, it shows that we didn’t actually use 12 GB of data in the month. Call me a cynic, but this sounds like a money making enterprise (aka a scam). 

Are these texts going out incorrectly? If this is happening to a lot of customers, all of whom are then advised to purchase the more expensive ‘unlimited’ plan, that adds up to a lot of extra revenue for Three.

@JonathanB I’ve noticed you’re particularly helpful within the community; please could you help me?

Thanks! 

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

Our support teams have advised that this issue should now be fully resolved. Please let me know if you're still receiving any of these notifications, and when the message has arrived and we'll ensure that this is looked into further.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

34 REPLIES 34
DenisT
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan,

I'm just having the same issue, we are abroad in Romania, both myself and my fiancee have received the text saying that we have used 80% of our data regardless of the 14day roaming add-on purchased. 

We've been here since Saturday if that's also worth mentioning, which basically comes up to the 4th day.

Not sure what to do as it seems like we'll be chwrged 0.0025p/mb after which definitely sounds like a massive "scam" for the price.

Hope this is something that can be fixed or changed in the nearest future but will be most likely leaving Three as the past couple of yesrs have been really disappointing with the service.

Regards ,

Denis

Neil2502
Fledgling

I too have received inaccurate texts. Latest one advises I have used my 12GB whereas on checking the app, I have only used 2GB. I also had the same issue in June.  This issue is definitely not sorted by Three!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Neil2502,

We've not received any other reports of this issue for quite some time now, but we'd definitely like to get this checked out for you if this is happening again.

I've sent you a PM to link you over to some colleagues that will take a closer look.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Aideepee15
Fledgling

Hi my son has just text me from USA to says he's got this message too .Only been in holiday since wed night and has 83.5 GB data left of 100 GB and bought the 7 day atw pass but got message saying he'd reached the 12 GB fair usage limit .How can he resolve this please 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

I think the messages here are mostly related to an incorrect message being sent to users when they had only used a small amount of data. How much of the 16.5GB data that was used was used while he was roaming? 

Pete. 

Ng85
Regular

Thank you @JonathanB, I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Will update if I get hit with a big bill… but hopefully not!

ziyadsaf
Fledgling

I also have this issue, currently in Italy and have only used 3.3GB but have received both the 80% text and the 100% text in quick succession. Can this please be resolved so I am not incorrectly charged. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ziyadsaf,

I'm sorry to hear that you've also been receiving these notifications. In terms of the fault, although texts have been triggered early, I've not seen any cases of the actual bill being incorrect, so you shouldn't have any surcharges unless you actually exceed the fair use 12GB.

What date did you receive the messages from us?

Thanks,
Jonathan

DeeJay
Regular

Same problem here.  The first text arrived whilst on the ferry 20 minutes out of England on the way to France and with roaming switched off !

Had all this problem in April also.

Have older friends currently in France for a few weeks and having set up the £20 addon for cheaper daily roaming also getting same texts. Also saying their spending cap of £50 has been reached when it clearly hasnt. They rely on phone for medical reasons and are terrified that data will stop.

i have wasted over three hours trying to get sense about this since arriving here, mostly on 'live chat' and getting nowhere.

HfF123
Regular

I have also had these in quick succession yesterday - how do I know if accurate or not as I would have to add all kilobytes up which is not practical - live chat has proved useless and time wasting - this has caused stress when using phone for maps - a couple of days ago I was charge 46p for some data but then then rest since has said included ! Extremely confused