cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More home broadband cancellation woes

JosefK
Fledgling

I am going round in circles trying to cancel my home broadband agreement (taken out on the 1st Jan 2024) under the thirty days cancellation period. I requested cancellation on 4th January and my account was suspended pending return of the broadband router to three. That's when the delays started. There was a delay in the DPD returns label being returned to me to enable me to return the router. I dropped the router off at a DPD pickup point on the 12th January.

On the 18th January I received an email advising that if I didn't return the router soon my returns request would be closed and my contract cancelled. Later that day I contacted three via chat and was advised to send proof that I had sent the router back via DPD to the proofs@3mail.com email address which I duly did.

DPD then delivered the parcel the next day (19th January) to Three/Ingram Micro. In an effort to be proactive which may have been a mistake, I emailed proof of delivery to the proofs email address later that day.

As the router has now been delivered back to three I used live chat tonight (20th January) to try to ascertain the status of my cancellation request and to try and progress it. I was advised that it wouldn't be cancelled until an investigation had been completed and that the investigation would be completed within 5 working days. At first I thought the investigation was related to the condition of the router but then I realised it seemed to be an investigation relating to the whereabouts of the router. The router whose whereabouts I had just informed the customer service advisor of. Talk about going round in circles. Also I am mystified as to how Three themselves can't access the DPD tracking details.

I have also been billed for a service I can't access and, to add insult to injury , because my direct debit agreement was cancelled back when I orginally requested the contract cancellation there was no direct debit discount. As I had used some data and was also concerned about possible effects on my credit rating I paid the bill via debit card. That was probably a mistake as well.

This has been a long and drawn out process. I did raise a complaint at one point but it was dismissed. I am beginning to lose track of the sequence of events.  However, I'm still  waiting on my agreement being cancelled. I have noted that there seem to be a number of Three customers having issues with cancellation and whilst my issues don't yet seem to be as bad as others I am concerned about how this is playing out. I would be grateful if anyone could provide advice. I would also be grateful if any  moderator reading this could help progress this or at least provide some reassurance that my contract will eventually be cancelled.

0 REPLIES 0