Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Won't let me Return Unused Phone

Skavillekrew
Fledgling

I've been a Three Customer for well over a Decade and have always been happy with their service, I have been Sim only for the last few years, but after seeing the Samsung S24 Ultra and Three's great deal it got me hooked. 

Getting the Phone was easy as ABC Ordered 24th of January paid £135 upfront, sadly I was put into a situation where I could not have the phone and on the 25th before the Phone had even been delivered I'd phoned Three to cancel, I was promised a returns label would be sent within 48 Hours, I was then told I could, not go back to my old tarriff which was £16 Unlimited all services, was told I would have to go on a rolling contract £19.95 but this would only be for a couple of minutes whilst it went to retentions where I could discuss a new contract.

I was then put over to retentions and the I explained what had happened anf what Sim Only Plan I was on, he told my no problems and that he could sort it, but it was a New Contract for 2 years so I wouldn't be able to upgrade until then. 

So I'm think okay all sorted (How Wrong was I) 2 days passed and no email, so I called Three again I was told to wait a further 2 days, I wait one day as I'm not happy so call again, I'm told they can't Validate the account and the account is under investigation and I can not return the phone until the investigation is complete??????, but I can help mu situation by going to a Three Store & Validating my account??????? I dash to the Three Store the lady is very helpful and I create a 4 digit pin, she also corrects an error on my Birthday on another account, she also advices me to not call Customer Services and go online to complaints. 

I dash back home and go online, again I spend over an hour going back and forth, the guys says he can't validate my account??????? Then i'm asked for account number told can't locate give order number can't find phone, give IMEI Number they can't find the phone linked to my account, after more time i'm told to rest assure he'll sort it, after more time, the guy says I will get an email with the label within 47 hours, I'm dubious but he promises me it'll come.

48 Hours later nothing, so I go through complaints again I'm told it will come through by the end of the day, by ebd of the the day nothing.

I then noticed that my account birthday has been changed and that my sons name has been added to the account, this I am able to change online apart from the Birthday, this I've got to go back into town to do, I speak with the same lady and she says your birthday was changed I said thats why I'm here, so she changed that and again I'm given a 4 digit pin the account again is validated.

I come back go online and spend almost 2 hours going back and forth he validates my account but then says he can't find the phone???????? Now what I've not mentioned is I suffer from BPD and Unstable Angina so you can imagine what I'm going through.  Eventually the guy says to me he has ordered a Jiffy Bag to be sent but this is going to take 4 working days. So here's my concern I was told the phone was cancelled on my account it's showing as active and no new Sim Only Plan Contract. I fear that Three are going to take money they are not owed out of my account, I'm lucky enough that I know if money is taken from the account and report it before 2pm I can get it back.

I'm only an hour and half drive from the Reading Head Office and plan to go there if the Jiffy Bag doesn't turn up, what it's winding me up is that despite the fact that I have done everything in my power to get this sorted and Three have done everything in their power to stop me returning the phone, even if I cancel the Direct Debit Three can reinstate it, again if they taken money and I notice it and contact the bank before 2pm they can get the money back. but this is not the point, I'll end up with a bad credit score when this is all on three. 

I am going to the Ombudsman as last night I was offered £20 for my troubles which was upgraded to £40 insult on top of Insult, but the fact I was being offered Compensation is an admission of their wrong doing which was my goal anyway. I've Screen Shot & Downloaded the Conversations so feel I've got Three where it hurts.

If anyone else out there can offer me any more advice it would be very much appreciated. 

0 REPLIES 0